Notts Forest 1-2 Newcastle United (17/03/2023)

Disco

Just now, KaKa said:

Yeah, I was watching that as well when they played it back. He is just gliding across the pitch, made up so much ground to get in that position, so rapid.

So effortless as well which was noticeable 

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Just to show the whole quote, it was deffo made in jest:

"I didn't think they [Newcastle] would whinge as much as they did on the pitch. But it is a game of football. I represent this football club now. I will give it my all. But yeah, a lot of whingebags in their team. I will tell them that, only in a jokey way. I hope they get into Europe and have just positive words about the club."

13 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Yes. He gave more in his 1st 5 minutes than ASM did in the 1st half.

Howe in his interview said ASM was feeling his hamstring to be fair.

I am thrilled for Anderson though, Great contribution to a massive comeback win.

Just now, 54 said:

"I didn't think they [Newcastle] would whinge as much as they did on the pitch. But it is a game of football. I represent this football club now. I will give it my all. But yeah, a lot of whingebags in their team. I will tell them that, only in a jokey way. I hope they get into Europe and have just positive words about the club."

Curious place to cut off the quote.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, I was watching that as well when they played it back. He is just gliding across the pitch, made up so much ground to get in that position, so rapid.

He also seems to move with the ball just as fast, must be a nightmare to defend against. 

3 minutes ago, 54 said:

He definitely meant the bit I quoted mind, i just saw his interview 

Really thrilled with the comeback. Thought we dominated and deserved to win. 

I have to say though, I’ve never felt so disenchanted with the rules of the game. Played myself for years and not sure I understand the rules as they stand. VAR adds nothing to the game for me. 

Just now, pubteam said:

He also seems to move with the ball just as fast, must be a nightmare to defend against. 

Yeah, he's just got absolutely brilliant feet. It 's what excited me most about signing him to be honest, is how quick and tricky he is with the ball.

God that was great, one of those rare games where you go through absolutely all the emotions.

Played some fucking great stuff. Missed some really good chances. Gave away a stupid goal. Had some awful refereeing to deal with. Was all set up to be remembered as an absolutely infuriating evening...

Then the penalty.

The goal.

That fucking celebration with the fans.

I was kneeling on the ground in front of the TV when he hit it and once it hit the net I just went fucking mental. Think I was basically trying to do Batista's entrance pyro moves. Probably didn't look as badass as it felt.

Let's go finish top four now.

1 minute ago, PhilT said:

Really thrilled with the comeback. Thought we dominated and deserved to win. 

I have to say though, I’ve never felt so disenchanted with the rules of the game. Played myself for years and not sure I understand the rules as they stand. VAR adds nothing to the game for me. 

The laws are the same as ever - the referees thought Felipe didn’t deliberately play the ball, and therefore the last play came from Isak.  Useless cunts can’t even get it right with video replays.