Notts Forest 1-2 Newcastle United (17/03/2023)

Disco

1 minute ago, Displayname said:

The question is whether it is a controlled kick of the ball by the defender or not. 

Never an obvious mistake though, so VAR shouldnt have been involved.

Oh well, let’s just turn around and say that any goal is disallowed then because the defender never controlled it.

They change the wording of rules all the time to give them an out.

Just pack it in, the game doesn’t need to be complicated.

2 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

Really? Fucking hell 

Haha yep, seriously.  Foy agreeing with their call, saying that it didn’t hit his foot so he was simply hit by the ball when running.  Sherwood telling him he’s clearly playing the ball deliberately.  This is the standard of refereeing we have.  Unfuckingreal

1 minute ago, Conjo said:

Howe saying "the decision was contentious, to put it that way" and smiles :lol:

Would be fun to see what he  says behind closed doors :lol:

I know the documentary is meant to be focused on the business side of things but imagine if there was a clip of him just going off it in the dressing room.

Just now, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

You were a bit tight with your scoring in places :lol: Would give Burn, Longstaff and Willock at least .5 more. 4 for Botman feels harsh too, even with the mistake. He admittedly wasnt great like.

I think they're all good scores tbh :lol:, they all (Botman aside) played well. Isak, Murphy, and Trippier were just better.

8 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

His stride length is mad, just watched back the first goal him breaking into the box, he’s there in a few strides.

Yeah, I was watching that as well when they played it back. He is just gliding across the pitch, made up so much ground to get in that position, so rapid.