Scott McTominay

Jack27

Im not his greatest fan But we need to pack the squad out with solid players. And it's like a building phase in our plan to be a juggernaut in the future. Players we maybe keep for a few years then let go after we've outgrown them. 

1 minute ago, Bimpy474 said:

I've said this before but he's not a holding player, he's a box to box player as we're seeing. Using him to sit in front of the defence takes too much away from his game.

My biggest issue with Longstaff is that when in position he quite regularly will take a split second longer then needed as he just doesn't have the speed of thought. From what i've seen of Mctominay, he'd have all the work rate, defensive nouce and athleticism of Longstaff, but would also release the ball that touch quicker. He'd also like Longstaff appear at the edge of the box at the last minute for shooting opportunities, but with better shooting ability. 

While he would be uninspiring, based on our current system I can see why those at the club think he'd be a good fit.

My issue with this is perhaps we shouldn't be looking at McTominay but more so who Man Utd would be trying to get in if McTominay leaves. I'd hate for us to sign him and then Man Utd go and get Kone off the back of that, would be hard to swallow.

8 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

My issue with this is perhaps we shouldn't be looking at McTominay but more so who Man Utd would be trying to get in if McTominay leaves. I'd hate for us to sign him and then Man Utd go and get Kone off the back of that, would be hard to swallow.

If they really wanted someone like Kone, or whoever, they’d just go and buy them regardless. 

Despite their apparent ineptitude in the transfer market in recent times, money is no object to them. They’re paying Jadon Sancho £350k a week.

1 minute ago, SteV said:

If they really wanted someone like Kone, or whoever, they’d just go and buy them regardless. 

Despite their apparent ineptitude in the transfer market in recent times, money is no object to them. They’re paying Jadon Sancho £350k a week.

They may want him but that doesn't mean they can just get him, there's lots of factors and McTominay/Fred leaving would be one of them. They'd need to free up a squad space for starters and also you have to consider whether a player wants to join a team where there are already 4/5 players in their position. Selling isn't just to release funds to buy other players, that's just one part.

1 minute ago, Mazzy said:

They may want him but that doesn't mean they can just get him, there's lots of factors and McTominay/Fred leaving would be one of them. They'd need to free up a squad space for starters and also you have to consider whether a player wants to join a team where there are already 4/5 players in their position. Selling isn't just to release funds to buy other players, that's just one part.

Of course, to 99% of teams. However, they’re in the 1%. Just chucking out a casual billion or so in spending every few years.

They obviously have to make some effort to obtain ‘value’, both when buying and selling, otherwise everyone would take the piss more than they already do when it comes to dealing with them. However, they’ve been pretty useless in that regard really, as every time they try to play ‘hard ball’ with someone it tends to backfire, as we saw when they pissed us about with Lingard.

He's shite blah blah.

Seriously guys, you couldn't have let this fly under the radar so we can get him on a decent deal? [emoji38]

Instead he hoys an extra 10m on his transfer fee. Classic Newcastle this.