West Ham United 1-5 Newcastle United (05/04/2023)

BlueStar

1 minute ago, Geogaddi said:

We havnt played well all match really despite being 2 up, Eddie needs to sort them out at half time.

Think that's harsh. Thought we were better side and deserved our goals. We have messed up under pressure and let West Ham have a go a few times. The Botman slide was a great answer to their big moment, but we handed them another which they converted annoyingly. Think we have players on the pitch and on the bench to kill this game off.

4 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Went 2 up and then we went a bit all over. Some awful touches from a few of our players. Pleased it's half time as Eddie needs to sort them out here as if we continue to play like we are, we're not winning this.

Yeah I noticed that as well. Some genuine swagger from Bruno and Maxi early on, but some players did look like a level below on the ball. Murphy for me started playing too safely, even Joelinton had a couple of poor touches, but he was good mostly.

2 minutes ago, Smal said:

I don’t think Burn can play two games in a week. He looks absolutely dead on his feet after he was amazing on Sunday.

Probably helped that he was up against Antony. Who seems allergic to going past defenders and just wants to do tricks. 

Bowen causes better players and actual full backs plenty of problems. His directness is killing Burn. 

3 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Frankly I've seen enough of Burn for a while, desperate to see someone else (Targett) get a chance there

No disrespect to Burn, love the bloke, he's been far better than I expected and I'd never question his commitment but for a big lad he is shit in the air, is too slow and doesn't offer enough going forward.

He's getting roasted this match, and keeping him on past half time could cost us. I think Howe is too loyal to 'haul him off' though, but it's what we need.

A few times a ball to him just bounced past him and went out for a throw in as well.  It’s crazy how much protection he gets from Howe when targets ready

Whether Botman lost Zouma is almost irrelevant, your goalkeeper should be winning that over Zouma with his head. Pope let Antonio "pin him down". It's a mistake from the goalkeeper that costs us the goal, players can lose their man all the time on set pieces. 

1 minute ago, hakka said:

Think that's harsh. Thought we were better side and deserved our goals. We have messed up under pressure and let West Ham have a go a few times. The Botman slide was a great answer to their big moment, but we handed them another which they converted annoyingly. Think we have players on the pitch and on the bench to kill this game off.

Your thought we were the better side? Seriously? 

they were driving past us and nobody knows what to do about rice

Bit of a departure from first halves we've seen lately that. Felt a bit disjointed without being abject or owt but we've only created two chances and taken the pair :lol: rather than loads of class play and missed opportunities.

Feels made to measure for Gordon second half this does. I'd have him on by the hour and hopefully can get a third and kill it off.

1 minute ago, Willow said:

Going to be a fascinating 2nd half like and very dependant on the change we make/don't make.

I think Gordon for Murphy and Targett for Burn would be my changes by 60ish minutes

He’s more like to take ASM off and move Joelinton left to help with Bowen 

We're missing Willocks transitional play and Isaks build up play massively and Gordon will make a difference driving up and down that right hand side. Big Joe, Bruno and ASM the stand outs at the moment. Trippier having a quiet game as it stands, Burn, nothing needs to be said.