Aston Villa vs. Newcastle United: 15/04/23 @ 12:30 (BT Sport)

HaydnNUFC

5 hours ago, cubaricho said:

5:30 here. :lol: 

Definitely sleeping in until like 7, going to grab coffee, and then sitting on the couch to watch it. 

The radio silence is hard because I interact with NUFC so much on social media that if I even open Instagram to take a peek, the officially account will likely come up first. :lol: 

Love hearing of these situations. Beware of17BC11EA-1761-4DE7-B5BE-317F0B750E43.thumb.jpeg.2e589a5c045d86d146a183ba42d8ad8d.jpeg one-legged news vendors flaunting placards… 

26 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Think we’ll have a sloppy opening 5 minutes and this place will go into meltdown as normal. [emoji38]

There's always a section in most games where we look like ballsing it all up. That's when calm heads are needed! 

Win this and it'll really set us up for the Spurs game. But it's not the end of the world if we do lose. 

I can see the subs bench winning it. Gordon and Wilson coming on at 60, as I’m not convinced by Joelinton and Murphy on the flanks will have enough.

Now there’s options on the bench Howe has started to use them pretty effectively to change matches 

It’s going to be very tight, I think it might be a draw. We could very well win it but if we lose (despite the no doubt Villa furore that will come with it) it won’t derail our season. The recent wins have given us some wiggle room and the Spurs game is probably the bigger one in terms of top four. Beat them and we’re getting very close to it. 

3 hours ago, Superior Acuña said:

Im not very optimistic for this - they’re just doing so well and I’m waiting for our bubble to burst (not used to being so good). Will def be happy with a draw 

You may have failed to notice we've been doing quite well ourselves, sir.

6 hours ago, cubaricho said:

5:30 here. :lol: 

Definitely sleeping in until like 7, going to grab coffee, and then sitting on the couch to watch it. 

The radio silence is hard because I interact with NUFC so much on social media that if I even open Instagram to take a peek, the officially account will likely come up first. :lol: 

I love waking up for the eastern F1 rounds, 6-7am with a cuppa while the house sleeps.

Great way to start the day, can imagine a similar feeling watching the Toon at that time.

Arrived in Birmingham last night and parked up in multi storey car park. Headed for stairwell and down to the lift and there’s 3 drug addicts doing Heroin in the corridor. Had a to pass them twice more as had forgotten my wallet in car when I reached the ground floor 🤦‍♂️ 

Walking to hotel and there’s two lads doing balloons in the street and then walk through the underpass and it stinks of green. Drug dealers hanging around almost every bar entrance we passed.

What a fcuking shit hole this place is 🙂

8 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Arrived in Birmingham last night and parked up in multi storey car park. Headed for stairwell and down to the lift and there’s 3 drug addicts doing Heroin in the corridor. Had a to pass them twice more as had forgotten my wallet in car when I reached the ground floor 🤦‍♂️ 

Walking to hotel and there’s two lads doing balloons in the street and then walk through the underpass and it stinks of green. Drug dealers hanging around almost every bar entrance we passed.

Not to be pedantic but wouldn’t you have passed them three times

1 hour ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Think we’ll have a sloppy opening 5 minutes and this place will go into meltdown as normal. [emoji38]

I love a sloppy opening. 

As good as Villa’s form has been it feels like they’ve played a lot of the teams who are currently in the shit (Chelsea aside, but we know what a mess they are).

That said it’s going to be tough. Wouldn’t be surprised at any result. Leaning towards a draw.

27 minutes ago, LFEE said:

You've nicked that from a Judith Chalmers blog