Aston Villa vs. Newcastle United: 15/04/23 @ 12:30 (BT Sport)

HaydnNUFC

On 14/04/2023 at 09:34, Spaghetti Junction said:

Hi Villa fan in peace here.

Think it will be a tight game tomorrow as we're both in form but you just seem more ruthless and our recent run has come against bottom half sides.  We've been waiting for our run to end and I fear it will tomorrow.  Hope not obviously and it seems the absolute banker BTTS bet.

With regards to the banner in 09, they did get a bit of a belly laugh but it is a bit cringe how they are still referred to by both teams 14 years later.  The fact of it is, its always funny when a big team gets relegated and we can speak from experience on this as well recently.  Nobody gives a fuck when its Norwich or Burnley or Bournemouth.  Think of the banner as a back handed compliment!

As for the Tory thing, well absolutely not.  We didn't choose David Cameron in the same way you didn't choose Matt Hancock!

Good luck for the season (after tomorrow of course!)

Honestly the 09 banner, I’m more annoyed at the guy who did it than anything else. He keeps trying to push a rivalry, he was in the paper a few years back saying that it was only banter and that fans should take the piss out of other fans, then proceeded to complain that our fans took the piss out of them.

For the Villa fans who did take it too far that day, I guess they got what they deserved when they went down.

Villa as a club I don’t mind anymore, they are no more nor less important than others.

It still rankles with me as previous to that game I had always thought we had quite a decent appreciation of each other.

Wasnt particularly the flag, the whole crowd chanting was for me the straw that….

10 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Honestly the 09 banner, I’m more annoyed at the guy who did it than anything else. He keeps trying to push a rivalry, he was in the paper a few years back saying that it was only banter and that fans should take the piss out of other fans, then proceeded to complain that our fans took the piss out of them.

For the Villa fans who did take it too far that day, I guess they got what they deserved when they went down.

Villa as a club I don’t mind anymore, they are no more nor less important than others.

Reading through Villa tall and there's one or two of them got a hatred for us usually reserved for local rivals and plastic fans of the big 6.

Edited by madras

The bad feeling from them is probably down to how we always seemed to kick their arses, even when we were absolutely shite. 

Edited by RS

So guessing it's:

Bruno.  Willock. Joelinton 

Murphy.                              Gordon.

Isak

Just now, 54 said:

So guessing it's:

Bruno.  Willock. Joelinton 

Murphy.                              Gordon.

Isak

Bruno for Willock but yes.