Aston Villa vs. Newcastle United: 15/04/23 @ 12:30 (BT Sport)

HaydnNUFC

The thing with us at the moment is that even if we go a goal down I’m still confident we can recover and win.

Not often I’ve been able to say that about Newcastle 

1 hour ago, LV said:

The thing with us at the moment is that even if we go a goal down I’m still confident we can recover and win.

Not often I’ve been able to say that about Newcastle 

and the opposite was true under Bruce as far as we would go 1-0 up and I'd still expect to be on the losing side :)

5 hours ago, Tisd09 said:

and the opposite was true under Bruce as far as we would go 1-0 up and I'd still expect to be on the losing side :)

That was the craziest thing, I hated scoring first under Bruce, knowing we'd then try to hold on with last ditch defending for the next 75 fucking minutes.

Edited by Miercoles

Coutinho's been out ages and last started when they were losing games. Cash hasn't played in the last three, and Kamara's started one of the last five. Bailey though is good news for us but for context we're missing our top scorer.

9 minutes ago, ohmelads said:

Coutinho's been out ages and last started when they were losing games. Cash hasn't played in the last three, and Kamara's started one of the last five. Bailey though is good news for us but for context we're missing our top scorer.

I think Kamara is a big miss to be fair, they look at lot more balance with him in the middle and McGinn as one of the false wingers. He's also a lot more press proof than McGinn. 

We will obviously have to play much better than the first half against Brentford and West Ham, however if we do this is a winnable game. I’ve watched a lot of them recently and they do seem to give up a lot of chances. If we are switched on from the off then we have a real chance.

42 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Snap your hand off for 4 points from the next 2 games.

folk were snapping hands off for 5 points from the 3 away games in a row, we have 6 already . I’d snap ya hand off for 18 points from the next 8 how about that [emoji38]

The last week definitely bought us a loss or two, but I see no reason why tomorrow should be one. Yes, they're in great form and it won't be easy, but our recent form is arguably more impressive given the opposition played. The game will be won and lost based on how they cope with our press. I'm interested to see if they try and play through it or bypass it all together. 

6 minutes ago, GWN said:

folk were snapping hands off for 5 points from the 3 away games in a row, we have 6 already . I’d snap ya hand off for 18 points from the next 8 how about that [emoji38]

How will you snap my hand off if I’ve already snapped yours off?

Oh man at start of season I was really excited for what would be the last season we may have without any expectation (or fear of relegation), with no thought would do this well just a season of bedding in new signings and preparing for next season when push for europe starts proper. No nervousness because it was all a free hit. And now I'm anxious about Villa away cos i want 3 points and to try and secure 3rd place...