Aston Villa 3-0 Newcastle United (15/04/2023)

Disco

1 minute ago, Bimpy474 said:

Everyone has a real bad game lads and it's taken us until mid April to have one, it's how react next week.

There's no need to over react we haven't suddenly become a bad team.

Think there's more to it than that. They've shown that there are some players in our team that really struggle with pace and energy coming at them. Villa have been one of the few teams to really exploit those weaknesses.

Sometimes this happens in away games lads. Shades of us vs Arsenal last season, they've done us the way we did them. Doesn't suddenly make us a shit team, or Emery a better manager than Howe. 

1 minute ago, Bimpy474 said:

Who's offering odds on which two posters have best argument in the next two hours as the mental overreactions go into over drive [emoji38]

I bet its us two you fucking tosser ?

2 minutes ago, NUFC said:

Absolutely shite man just fuck off

SO that's Pope, Burn, Botman, Tripper, Bruno, Joelinton, Gordon, Willock & Murphy have all had a fucking mare today

Howe got tactics, set up, team selection all wrong today

You get games like this. It's credit to the tactics, set up, team selection and those listed players that this is the first time it's happened to us under Howe.

Just now, Kanji said:

Villa booing Targett is proper weird 

It seems to be a thing now noticed with us too, some fans will just boo any returning player no matter the happenstance of their return. Some returning players deserve some stick sure but fairly sure a large section now would boo shearer if he was playing a charity game against us for some reason

this goes down as a bad day at the office, one thing I have noticed though when we play teams the have pace and play on the shoulder of the defender, we then struggle as our back 4 isn’t blessed with pace, a priority has to be a quick right center back and left back in the summer.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Bruno's been really poor.

Just a guess, but I think he might be done for the season.

That ankle injury looks to be getting worse, he’s been so slow to everything today and there was that weird wobble and slip on the ball.

Performances like this happen, just got to write it off and get on with it. Galling it's against these cunts like, but they have looked genuinely good, as poor as we've been. Still, 6 points ahead of them, 9 if we win our game in hand so I'm not overly concerned yet. 

3 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

We’ve made it easy for them today. 

Yeah, bad day at the office.

Their 4-2-2-2 setup has bested us well.

Eddie didn't have the right setup to go against it today. Think we should have dropped off them and not looked to press as high and aggressively.

The boss man will go back and review and he'll learn from it.

Edited by KaKa

Just now, KaKa said:

Some of you are so childish man. 

Just trot over to Villa, and go and get Watkins now, yeah.

Such prisoners of the moment man, my goodness.

Aye. We are halfway through April and people want us buying a player who’s in his prime and has scored 14 goals all season, meanwhile our new singing has been out for half a season and had to wait for his chance when he was fit, has scored 8 and is yet to hit his peak.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Some of you are so childish man. 

Just trot over to Villa, and go and get Watkins now, yeah.

Such prisoners of the moment man, my goodness.

Last three seasons he’s scored 14, 12 and currently 14 - it’s really not a “prisoner of the moment” thought