Everton vs. Newcastle United: 27/04/23 @ 19:45 (BT Sport)

HaydnNUFC

20 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

They’ve got massive problems with Newcastle fans nowt to do with twitter. We’ve had run ins with these cunts for years off the pitch, a more cowardly and snidey bunch of fans you couldn’t wish to meet.

Yip. It ramped up a notch when we started beating them to the likes of Duff and Emre 

2 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

This is a good listen/watch. They pretty much know their stuff where we're concerned.

Another one of those podcasts that makes you realise how similar we all are. When they're talking about their lack of connection with the players, it really reminds me of the mess we got into in 15/16 and the disconnect with the players we had by then.

There's also a bit where one of them says "I have no problem with Newcastle fans aside from that weird group on Twitter who invented a rivalry with us" :lol: replace Newcastle for Everton and I've heard and read that word for word from loads of people in our support.

Yeah I watched that earlier and was about to make a similar post.

Sounds like they are going through the general depression you get from having shite owners.

5 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Solid, routine win please. None of this Goodison crowd going bananas and their players having a worldy. Weather the initial storm, frustrate, clinical Isak finish then a second goal to kill it. Job done.

Gordon with the second! 

On 23/04/2023 at 09:10, HaydnNUFC said:

Please bear with if the links don't work as I'm literally standing waiting to be served in a pub rn

This one was my first ever away game. I was only 6, the guy next to us picked me up to get a better view of the penalty. Great day, though I remember the Travel Club bus journey there felt like it took forever.

Edited by Superior Acuña

12 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

They’ve got massive problems with Newcastle fans nowt to do with twitter. We’ve had run ins with these cunts for years off the pitch, a more cowardly and snidey bunch of fans you couldn’t wish to meet.

Aye. Call them scouse mackems for a reason. 

18 hours ago, Ste said:

Gordon coming on will no doubt get a reaction from the home fans, but if I were an Everton player I’d be a bit miffed that their hatred of a local lad hounded out is louder than their support of their team. It’ll get the fans going if he is involved, but not in a positive way for the Everton team I don’t think. 

I'm not sure that Gordon will cope with the atmosphere. He will need to keep his cool, otherwise he's a red card in the making. You can bet your life that the opposition will be in his ear and biting at his ankles from the moment he steps on the pitch.

I don't think Eddie will play him at all.

Edited by Cronky

12 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Indeed, see this: https://www.islingtongazette.co.uk/news/crime/21237755.police-snatch-everton-fans-wanted-kings-cross-violence/

Bunch of thugs - it was barely reported at the time; their behaviour over the years has been treated with kid gloves by journos because of that whole People's Club bullshit.

Press them from the off. They are not very good in possession when under pressure. Last thing we want is to be too passive and allow them time on the ball and giving them the chance to lump the ball in to the box.

I hope we can be relentlessly in their faces. Our quality will defeat them if we are focused and up for it. The crowd will probably be up for it but we have the momentum, swagger and confidence to silence them 

from the start. We don't wish to give them wind in their sails by being too passive like in the first 45 against West Ham and Brentford. 

6 hours ago, Superior Acuña said:

This one was my first ever away game. I was only 6, the guy next to us picked me up to get a better view of the penalty. Great day, though I remember the Travel Club bus journey there felt like it took forever.

I love that Ferdinand goal. Something about the way he picks it up and just immediately powers towards their defence with his shorts up to his tits really does it for me.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

My first away trip to Goodison was a 2-2 draw. I think there were four penalties, Shearer bagged both for us. 

Just looked at the table for that year. Liverpool finished 4th with 60 points :lol: