Everton vs. Newcastle United: 27/04/23 @ 19:45 (BT Sport)

HaydnNUFC

5 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Watched that last night, don't blame them. :lol: Seem sound those two, think the bloke on the right is the Everton fan on those fan Overlap things.

He seems like a great lad, i'd almost want to have a pint with him and there's not many scousers i've met I could say that about. Got a kick out of the way he says "Richarlison" for some reason :lol:

Gordon coming on will no doubt get a reaction from the home fans, but if I were an Everton player I’d be a bit miffed that their hatred of a local lad hounded out is louder than their support of their team. It’ll get the fans going if he is involved, but not in a positive way for the Everton team I don’t think. 

18 minutes ago, Ste said:

Gordon coming on will no doubt get a reaction from the home fans, but if I were an Everton player I’d be a bit miffed that their hatred of a local lad hounded out is louder than their support of their team. It’ll get the fans going if he is involved, but not in a positive way for the Everton team I don’t think. 

Distraction tactics. Shithousery at its finest. The fume as we run through them :indi:

Edited by PauloGeordio

6 hours ago, Yorkie said:

It would probably make more sense to start him than to bring him on. A mid second half sub will only galvanize the home crowd. 

Think they'll be choking on the froth in their mouths to make much noise tbh

Players from smaller clubs always move onto bigger and better things. Happens all the time, so don't get the hatred :nods:

Edited by Turnbull2000

1 minute ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Think they'll be choking on the froth in their mouths to make much noise tbh

Finally a technical explanation for the gargly scouse accent.

Don't think I'd be playing Gordon either. Just on footballing grounds apart from anything else - a nice option to have off the bench but I don't know who he'd replace from Sunday's starting 11.

Also, would be some unnecessary winding up of the home fans to create an atmosphere which they desperately need more than us.

Hopefully, our away fans can wind Pickford up into another meltdown, though.

1 minute ago, Abacus said:

Don't think I'd be playing Gordon either. Just on footballing grounds apart from anything else - a nice option to have off the bench but I don't know who he'd replace from Sunday's starting 11.

Also, would be some unnecessary winding up of the home fans to create an atmosphere which they desperately need more than us.

Hopefully, our away fans can wind Pickford up into another meltdown, though.

IMG_5113.thumb.jpeg.cb11dc68e6d6cd6b8b8a616279866ce1.jpeg

Got to bring Gordon on for 15/20 minutes towards the end. He'll be desperate for a goal for so many reasons and it will be football karma when he slots home past Pickford. 

The pure blue fewm. 

Edited by Scotty66

57 minutes ago, Ste said:

Didn’t we boo Armstrong? And Carroll?

We are Wearing the ‘Saudi kit’ tommorow, which hasn't resulted in a win for us yet, 

Out of the Five games played the Saudi kit has produced four draws and one defeat. 

Hope its now time for a win in this kit. 

Edited by prefabtoon

12 minutes ago, prefabtoon said:

We are Wearing the ‘Saudi kit’ tonight, which hasn't resulted in a win for us yet, 

Out of the Five games played the Saudi kit has produced four draws and one defeat. 

*tomorrow night! 

11 minutes ago, prefabtoon said:

We are Wearing the ‘Saudi kit’ tonight, which hasn't resulted in a win for us yet, 

Ok. But I also hope we wear it tomorrow night too when it matters anf win. Wearing it tonight during their sleep hopefully makes the players comfortable though.

In the context of what it means for both teams, a huge and difficult game. Purely on form and overall ability and the way we're coached and our tactical preparedness, we should win comfortably. But it's midweek and away against these when they're desperate for points as usual, and that does funny things to what "should happen". Think we sneak it but it'll be mighty tough and bound to be controversial with Marriner in charge :icon_puke_r:

2 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Owen was pretty spectacular. I wasn't at the game but it came across deafening on the TV. 

You could feel the absolute disdain from the crowd for the player and the man. It was brilliant.

2 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

I still can't believe Pickford is the first choice England keeper.

I've said this for about two years.  He loves an acrobatic tip of the ball over the bar, springing to his feet and screaming like a banshee because he thought it looked great.  Pope would just casually jump four inches and catch the feckin ball.

5 hours ago, The Prophet said:

This lot are enthusiastic :lol:

This is a good listen/watch. They pretty much know their stuff where we're concerned.

Another one of those podcasts that makes you realise how similar we all are. When they're talking about their lack of connection with the players, it really reminds me of the mess we got into in 15/16 and the disconnect with the players we had by then.

There's also a bit where one of them says "I have no problem with Newcastle fans aside from that weird group on Twitter who invented a rivalry with us" :lol: replace Newcastle for Everton and I've heard and read that word for word from loads of people in our support.

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

This is a good listen/watch. They pretty much know their stuff where we're concerned.

Another one of those podcasts that makes you realise how similar we all are. When they're talking about their lack of connection with the players, it really reminds me of the mess we got into in 15/16 and the disconnect with the players we had by then.

There's also a bit where one of them says "I have no problem with Newcastle fans aside from that weird group on Twitter who invented a rivalry with us" :lol: replace Newcastle for Everton and I've heard and read that word for word from loads of people in our support.

They’ve got massive problems with Newcastle fans nowt to do with twitter. We’ve had run ins with these cunts for years off the pitch, a more cowardly and snidey bunch of fans you couldn’t wish to meet.