Newcastle United vs. Southampton: 30/04/23 @ 14:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

23 minutes ago, PRL said:

Got two spares in the Leazes if anyone would like them. On my way up from london, can meet around midday in town. 

I'd have snapped one off you had I known yesterday - too late for me to head up for the game now, have a good one nonetheless!

31 minutes ago, PRL said:

Got two spares in the Leazes if anyone would like them. On my way up from london, can meet around midday in town. 

Are these still avaliable? 

I'd be travelling from Leeds but I'd definitely make the drive up. 

Edited by CPL

Winning big today (4+ goals) would mean that we'd probably only need 6 more points after today to be safe in top 4. Can't see Liverpool making up 14 GD even if they do manage to win all their games.

Every scenario where we DONT get into top 4 relies on us seriously dropping form and fucking it up. It just doesn't seem likely.

18 minutes ago, CPL said:

Are these still avaliable? 

I'd be travelling from Leeds but I'd definitely make the drive up. 

Sorry all, these have been taken. 

6 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

The fact our only gubbing of the season came when he didn't play says a lot about his importance.

100%, however I do think that was partially down to the way Villa play being a pretty great counter to the way we play and exploiting the weaknesses we have. Losing Longstaff is a big blow, but I don't think it means we're going to fall apart against every team. Villa felt like the perfect storm in that regard

6 minutes ago, CPL said:

Isak on left, Wilson up front and put the 2 Joe's in the middle.

I'm not sure he'll want to start Wilson twice in three days, otherwise I'd very much agree.

Think it'll be Gordon on the left and Isak up front.

13 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

When going through the highlights of past games against them for the OP I completely forgot about last season's game against them in August 2021. Performance was utterly vile and the SJP crowd finally was able to turn on Bruce given the behind closed doors games of the previous season. Somehow found ourselves 2-1 up in the 90th minute before we conceded a 96th minute pen which they scored. Heady days. :lol: :anguish:

After that game I was convinced we'd be relegated.