Newcastle United vs. Southampton: 30/04/23 @ 14:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

They've usually given us a decent game and I'm sure howe will be reminding them of that.  In a rarely experienced feeling I think the only thing that will beat us is complacency 

4 minutes ago, 1964 said:

They've usually given us a decent game and I'm sure howe will be reminding them of that.  In a rarely experienced feeling I think the only thing that will beat us is complacency 

Yes complacency and sloppiness, get those 2 right coupled with the noise and momentum from the home crowd and I still think we will beat these comfortably :indi:

This game feels very icky going in to, Willock and Bruno probably spent and Isak isn't the best player in the box even if he have improved. Just have an overall bad feeling about this game as I feel we'll struggle if they park the bus. I feel like Wilson is preferred here.

Edited by Civetty

6 minutes ago, Civetty said:

This game feels very icky going in to, Willock and Bruno probably spent and Isak isn't the best player in the box even if he have improved. Just have an overall bad feeling about this game as I feel we'll struggle if they park the bus. I feel like Wilson is preferred here.

Morning ya grumpy fucker [emoji38]

8 minutes ago, Civetty said:

You don't really understand football do you?

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Aye, Isak isn’t the best in the box? Don’t even know what to say to that 

He have certainly been better under Howie, but I watched him through the entire session at Real Sociedad and his weakness during that area was most certainly to produce from cross balls, and one of the reasons he struggled in his last season for them. He have scored some good goals here though so I hope he have developed that area and that it just isn't a fluke but it still have me scared a little against teams defending low.

18 minutes ago, Civetty said:

On the glue?

23 minutes ago, Civetty said:

:dowie:

On 28/04/2023 at 00:55, Decky said:

Think this will be a tough game for a good bit because these will have everyone behind the ball defending. But if we can just get a goal we'll go on to win very very comfortably. 

They need a win, they'll have to come out eventually.

36 minutes ago, Civetty said:

They need 3 points! They’ll open up! 

They'll want to stay in the game for as long as possible. Reckon they'll park the bus and try to hit us on the break. Can see it being a frustrating afternoon if we don't score early.

Think we'll win comfortably in the end mind.

2 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Isak isn’t the best player in the box [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Ramblings of a lunatic.

He’s turned “the box” into a dodecahedron and he’s the ninja fucking master of it! He hopes we like his Wu Tang style! 

Edited by PauloGeordio

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, LV said:

He’s confirmed he’s been on the beers in the Isak thread. :lol:

Ahh, ramblings of a drunk. Makes sense.

7 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

They'll want to stay in the game for as long as possible. Reckon they'll park the bus and try to hit us on the break. Can see it being a frustrating afternoon if we don't score early.

Think we'll win comfortably in the end mind.

I reckon the same. One of those games that feel really tense at the time but when you look back at it was actually pretty comfortable. 

They played well on the counter versus Arsenal, and we're clinical in taking their chances. Am sure Eddie will have us prepared for that.

Like the look of Lavia, mind. Think he'd be an excellent buy in the summer.