Newcastle United vs. Southampton: 30/04/23 @ 14:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

41 minutes ago, 80 said:

Hoping Joelinton can keep up his progress towards double figures. One of my little targets for the season, now.

Yeah would love that like. Considering he barely managed more than 4 or 5 goals a season when he was a striker, would be pretty outstanding to see him hit double figures from midfield. Especially given the work he puts in defensively as well, not like he just times the runs well Kevin Nolan-style.

Team bang in form at home to a team bottom of the league looking relegated that they've already beaten three times

football being football its worth pre-empting that

A month ago would have been a great point but they have to win now, which has got to benefit us.

I think Howe will make sure the players that he picks have the most hunger to their games. He will want to keep players on their toes and not allow complacency to set in.

Could see this being a comfy 2-0.

I was very worried about the Everton game due to the atmosphere. For that same reason I’m confident here. 

We have a certain intensity at SJP right now, and I think we saw that in the League Cup against them. The key will be not giving up a sloppy goal in the first half. 

About time they fucked off for a bit. Be a pleasure to facilitate. Dull club, dull city, dull ground, dull fans, weird accent difference between generations.

Not for me Clive, get rid.

15 hours ago, Ameet Shah said:

Chris Sutton is backing us to win 5 nil. I too think we could get a few. Goal scorers all over the park for us.

17 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

They're 9/1. :lol: Don't think I've ever seen longer odds for a side to beat us in a PL match before. 

Saw this too. Absolutely incredible. [emoji38]

We've had cup contests over the years with teams two or three divisions below us who we've been less favoured against. (And with good reason, we usually sucked in those matches).

I'd be happy with an energy-conserving, injury-free three points.

A decent run out and a goal for Gordon would be great if I'm being greedy, just to make him feel part of things.