Newcastle United 3-1 Southampton (30/04/2023)

BlueStar

Just now, nufc123 said:

We should be 1 or 2 up, but one mistake and Southampton scores. It’s not been perfect, but we didnt deserve that.

You could see the goal or at least a great chance coming for them. They’ve been really quick on the break and have a lot of pace 

Gordon was fine imo, his shot that hit the post a few cms to the right and we’d all be saying how much he’s hurt them. Fine margins. That said, I’d probably take him off for Wilson - that miss will be in his head and I don’t know that he’s mature enough to play through it 

Just now, LiquidAK said:

Gordon was fine imo, his shot that hit the post a few cms to the right and we’d all be saying how much he’s hurt them. Fine margins. That said, I’d probably take him off for Wilson - that miss will be in his head and I don’t know that he’s mature enough to play through it 

We sub him it’ll be worse O0

We look as complacent as most of the predictions.

Isak hasn't got in the game. Think he might be better out left in this game. This is more Wilson's type of game against a low block, especially with them now defending a lead. Not sure who would come off though. Gordon has been hit and miss today. Looks very low on confidence.

2 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

You could see the goal or at least a great chance coming for them. They’ve been really quick on the break and have a lot of pace 

Gordon should have put us in the lead

Some of the reactions in here…

This is not like Villa. We’ve been ok - not good but it’s not terrible. Gordon should have scored, but directing much of the blame towards him seems over the top. 

Isak anonymous - they are crowding the middle defensively. 

I expect we’ll see Wilson and Isak together and still think we’re going to win. 

I feel now we're behind, it's time for Isak and Wilson, Isak maybe to take up that left role, and Gordon to be replaced. I'd also go Almiron for Murphy as Almiron is more direct, Southampton will shit themselves with Almiron and Isak running at them. 

The funny thing is that for the last seven or eight games our attacking play has clicked, and it’s almost as if the back five not looking anything like as solid has went unnoticed.  Same again today so far, Pope and the centre halves in particular are making some interesting decisions.

I still think we’ll be ok here.  A nice early goal SH will settle the nerves back down - and force Soton to attack again.