Newcastle United vs. Arsenal: 07/05/23 @ 4.30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Honestly like, Arsenal must be so mystified with us based on the 4-4 and that last year. We're like a thorn in their side. If the atmosphere today is like it was for Man United and Spurs I think they'll absolutely crumble. I reckon their team will be shiteing it today like they really need their leaders to take reign, if they can.

Edited by Heron

Even if 95% of the arsenal players are confident, that 5% is killer. When they walk out in SJP and have flashbacks to last year and the thoughts of "can I really be arsed with this?", it will have some effect on their game.

Let's remember, no Arsenal player/fan has any remaining hope that they are going to win the league. They are effectively on the beach and patting each other on the back for having an otherwise good season.

From a tactical standpoint, our main issue is that ball through the middle that Liverpool exploited, if we can defend in those moments, we are good to go. Saka always scares me,  mind.

17 minutes ago, STM said:

Even if 95% of the arsenal players are confident, that 5% is killer. When they walk out in SJP and have flashbacks to last year and the thoughts of "can I really be arsed with this?", it will have some effect on their game.

Let's remember, no Arsenal player/fan has any remaining hope that they are going to win the league. They are effectively on the beach and patting each other on the back for having an otherwise good season.

From a tactical standpoint, our main issue is that ball through the middle that Liverpool exploited, if we can defend in those moments, we are good to go. Saka always scares me,  mind.

I think this Arsenal team are made of sterner stuff these days and will

probably have benefited from lasts seasons experience.  Still think we can massively get at them today though, all about what we do

Edited by Andy84

18 minutes ago, Rich said:

Buzzing my not too insignificant tits off.

This is what it’s all about.

Think this sums our current situation up perfectly, I know I often get lost in the past & still struggle to appreciate where we are, but we are arriving if not actually arrived, & its so Fkin satisfying to be able to go to games and be confident we will give teams like Arsenal the complete runaround.

Will we finally see it today? Proper Shearer and Ferdinand vibes if so, can just see them looking at each other and saying “let’s kill ‘em”.

8 minutes ago, Rich said:

Will we finally see it today? Proper Shearer and Ferdinand vibes if so, can just see them looking at each other and saying “let’s kill ‘em”.

Don't know, man. I mean, I'd love to see it too but I just think, when we bring on either one to join the other, it totally puts the opposition team into chaos. They just can't handle when the other comes on and wrecks their strategies and tactics. Sure, there have been times it doesn't work for us, but I love it when its our plan B instead of starting with both as Plan A and not having a similarly effective Plan B.