Newcastle United vs. Arsenal: 07/05/23 @ 4.30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

11 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I wonder if we're going to try and play a bit like City did. 4-3-3 off the ball then on it Murphy slotting into a midfield four and Isak in a free role off Wilson with lots of direct stuff.

Aye, I'd expect Willock to get out on the left and Isak drifting inside quite a lot.

I'm stupidly confident of a win and going to put some money on it too, think 2.40 for us at home is just too much right now against anyone but Man City. We're 13 points behind in real points but close in expected points and there's not much between the teams. Current form, being at home and them missing Saliba means we are winning this.

Should be great game today. I’m recording it and can’t watch until about 9:30pm GMT but if I can avoid seeing the score on twitter I’ll be doing some shouting at the screen.

Spent half the morning on the bog.

I badly want us to win. If we do happen to lose, so long as it's a barnstorming game and we lose fair and square, no VAR or refereeing bullshit, I can handle it. My fear is that for the league overall, I can't escape the fact that an Arsenal win keeps race for 4th and title race alive, so i'm terrified the officials are gonna fuck us.

Would love an Isak hat-trick and absolute worldie performance, just to remind Arsenal that they REALLY should have signed him back when they were a bigger club than us.

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

Not nervous at all, it's weird. Tempted to take 2 goals before the 10th for 100/1.

Arsenal don't seem confident at all.

That's a bit like I felt before Spurs, felt confident. I'm a wreck the day like, we're so close now man