Newcastle United vs. Arsenal: 07/05/23 @ 4.30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

I’d start them both, but if not, I think he’ll go with Wilson for this one. Isak off the bench to reek havoc!

thing is, Isak is so good he has to play as many minutes as humanly possible, imo. it’s not just Wilson he’s got good chemistry with. he improves everybody around him, that’s what world class players do.

Think we can hurt them starting with Wilson, we can definitely hurt them with Isak, especially when their legs get tired. Isak, fresh off the bench like against Everton was uplayable.

What a game this will be, if Newcastle had had slightly better luck then I think this would have been a Title Contender/Title Decider if Man City hadn't recovered from their slip up.

I think one thing is for certain though, Newcastle United almost certainly will be the Champions League next season but will definitely play in a European Competition and likes of Chelsea (who would have thought that when season started) and possibly Man United (if Brighton and others win and Man United lose remaining games) could effectively drop down to Europa Conference League at the expense of Brighton who just like Newcastle United and Aston Villa (another team not long ago nobody expected to be challenging for Europa League)

Back in July when I done my League prediction I predicted Newcastle to finish 5th, and I probably underestimated how good Newcastle were gonna be, I did not want to get lulled into another Wolves who in previous seasons done a West Ham, got to the QF's of the Europa League and next season and this season have been woeful and are just about safe, 10 points ahead of Nottingham Forest with both Everton and Nottingham Forest got that game in against Wolves.

As a Celtic fan as I've said in my intro, it's refreshing to see some clubs get into European Competition who most season's don't get in, and similar to Newcastle I think if Brighton and Newcastle can proper strengthen and Arsenal do better than the blip they had recently then next season I don't see why it can be a 4 horse race and give Newcastle a fair chance of winning League, because if it wasn't for Haaland and City I truly think this would have been a title decider.

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

Gonna be absolutely twitching until kickoff. I ain't built for this top 4 shit.

Maybe watch my team play Hearts to win our respective Title, maybe help calm you a little? ;)

3 minutes ago, LV said:

Absolutely buzzing for this match. 

I am as well, I've got.........

Hearts v Celtic

Newcastle v Arsenal

Miami F1

I'm loaded with sport today lol

*Edit*

Loaded with sport not football

Edited by Sean1991
Explained in edit

Just now, Wilson said:

Definitely a day for colours :D

20230507_112306.thumb.jpg.070c991068298974318ec58f8573d395.jpg

The testimonial was a good game, just the ending lol Shearer on penalty to score :P

I still remember that 17 years on, can't believe 17 years................ wow