Newcastle United 4-1 Brighton & Hove Albion (18/05/2023)

Yorkie

Nights like these man, nights like these.

I wasn’t sure what to anticipate as to what system we’d deploy for tonight, but the way we set out was perfect. Letting them play it out for 1/2 passes then engaging the press like maniacs setting traps for them everywhere, we did everything Arsenal didnt. Exceptional from a tactical point of view and the application from the players, we countered the anti press with even more pressing :lol: I was worried we’d gas out early second half though given how we’ve started to look tired in recent weeks and then we had that slack switch off moment for their goal.. in future with more depth to play with we’d see this same fixture out more comfortably. Great seeing the grit to grind the game out and eventually put those 2 late goals away to seal it. What a result. 

Miggy motm.

Just got in, was listening on TalkShite in the car. Blasted the horn for those last two goals.

Fucking HELL, get right in there. So proud of this team. Get that dressing room pic up pronto! 

Can't wait to see the highlights later. Roll on Leicester, 3 points and... (pause for breath...) CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FOOTBALL NEXT SEASON MAN!! 

Just now, CPL said:

I didn't celebrate as I thought it would get chalked off.

Likewise, then caught the Bruno cries in this thread before my Sky caught up. :lol: ah well, this is the modern world.

That has to be the best performance of the season when you factor in the importance. Eddie played a blinder with his tactics, to a man they put their bodies on the line and stopped Brighton playing. Such a brave decision to press so high, but it's worked perfectly. 👏