Chelsea 1-1 Newcastle United (28/05/2023)

Yorkie

Miggy has some crazy ability hidden inside of him, but I just think that mentally he can't cope.. Can't have players who has long down periods anytime confidence drops a little.

Edited by Erikse

18 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Almiron has regressed.

Nah. I love him and appreciate his fantastic efforts but this is him.

He had an unbelievable first half of the season and can be very proud but it’s over for him as a regular starter here.

Should be smashing these with the chances we've had, hopefully more composed and alive to the danger in the 2nd half, fallen asleep too many times at the back and wasted some glorious chances

And to people saying we shouldn't care how the game ends because we've got CL: Kindly fuck off :lol: We have the opportunity to finish 3rd in ahead of Man Utd. Should be enough motivation for the players to leave everything they've got on the pitch today.*

*Regardless of result today it's still been a magnificent season, in case that needed to be clarified.

Just now, Conjo said:

And to people saying we shouldn't care how the game ends because we've got CL: Kindly fuck off :lol: We have the opportunity to finish 3rd in ahead of Man Utd. Should be enough motivation for the players to leave everything they've got on the pitch today.*

*Regardless of result today it's still been a magnificent season, in case that needed to be clarified.

I would love to beat man u to 3rd but 4th still huge achievement, i am really struggling to get angry about anything tbh :lol:

This feels like a usual end of season game, in that its open, the players are playing loosely like it doesn't really matter and without the usual pressure that ups players games. Says something that the players with something to prove in ASM, Gordon and Anderson have been our best players on the pitch.

Also if we could keep Dubs next season, it'd be ideal, he's still a Premier League level keeper, and that save at the end was top class.

Just now, Erikse said:

Miggy has some crazy ability hidden inside of him, but I just think that mentally he can't cope.. Can't have a player who has long down periods anytime confidence drops a little.

Nope.

Can't dribble or use his right foot. Always checks inside on his left and ruins the rhythm of so many attacks.

He's got pace and he grafts. There's not much else in there.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Would consider putting Isak on the right and taking Miggy off for Wilson. 

Or ASM right and Isak left. Their full backs are there for the taking (on)

We need a new first choice RW. Miggy is sound af, but he's not the one. The cutting on to his left stuff is just not nearly as lethal as we need to be.

Tough ask to upgrade without big bucks though. To get that kinda workrate plus ruthlessness tends to cost.

I love Almiron but he should have had 3 by now. He seems to think the only way of scoring is to curl it in the far corner. Even the keeper knew that was coming.

Just now, Beren said:

We need a new first choice RW. Miggy is sound af, but he's not the one. The cutting on to his left stuff is just not nearly as lethal as we need to be.

Tough ask to upgrade without big bucks though. To get that kinda workrate plus ruthlessness tends to cost.

Love Miggy, he's a hard worker, tireless and gets in some great positions but he's just so one footed and allergic to hitting the target.

4 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Nope.

Can't dribble or use his right foot. Always checks inside on his left and ruins the rhythm of so many attacks.

He's got pace and he grafts. There's not much else in there.

I just watched back the goals from the first half of the season. He looked similar to what he did in MLS. I think he has that ability in him, but his confidence is so bad most of the time. And when his confidence is bad, he never hits the target.

Edited by Erikse

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Nah. I love him and appreciate his fantastic efforts but this is him.

He had an unbelievable first half of the season and can be very proud but it’s over for him as a regular starter here.

I still think he'd be a great second choice, or selected against certain opponents, it doesn't surprise me that his best performance in a long while was against Brighton for instance, where we need to press intelligently and high up the pitch.

Just now, Mattoon said:

Love Miggy, he's a hard worker, tireless and gets in some great positions but he's just so one footed and allergic to hitting the target.

How much do you think it would cost to grow a young Arjen Robben clone?