Yankuba Minteh: joins Brighton & Hove Albion on a permanent deal (Official)

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

No you didn’t.  You spoke about PSR. 

We might need to sell Bruno next summer for PSR reasons. It won’t be because we don’t need him or think we can do better. 

Eddie Howe himself said he didn’t want to sell ASM for football reasons but cos of FFP we needed to sell. Thats easy enough for him, why can’t you say it? 

This back and forth is in bad faith from you. Enjoy your evening. 

Ah, okay. I see what you're getting at now.

So I'll put it this way then. If the player was more likely to go out on loan, rather than be a contributor to the first team next season, then would that not be a sale for footballing reasons? Compared to the other saleable assets he's last in the pecking order, as he is not currently a contributor to the first team.

These decisions are all being made with the back drop of PSR, and so don't think that can just be swept under the rug as if it is not a factor.

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

If not Minteh - it’s surely them, no?

think maybe the Elanga stuff was ‘crazy stuff’

Possibly DCL also. Honestly it’s been one of the craziest 48 hours I can remember. We better not have to go through this every year. 

My take:

-It’s shit we have to sell a promising player to meet PSR rules but no guarantee he would come good in a stronger league.

- Selling Minteh (who I would have preferred to grow with us and see where he reached) is preferable to losing Gordon, Isak, or Bruno.

-If we were sailing so close why did we not bring in self sponsorship deals for the training ground which has been revamped and is to be expanded (perfect reason for such a deal) after the NFA moved out. Is it possible they want such sponsorship to fall into the next accounting period and need a sale to cover 2023-24? Not sure what the benefits of that are as I understand it looks at a rolling three year period.

-Couldn’t we get £15m each for Wilson and Almiron before selling a promising player? Other teams are selling youth prospects with no game time for £18m?

Edited by SAK

6 minutes ago, STM said:

I keep thinking.... wouldn't it be mental if TCD and KaKa were actually the same person arguing with themselves. Would be some proper freaky psycho shit. :lol:

I'm just trying to understand man :lol:

Anyways, perhaps it's gone on too much for today.

Really looking forward to seeing how the team shapes up over the summer now and how it looks next season. 

Watching Minteh will also be incredibly fascinating.

6 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Eddie Howe himself said he didn’t want to sell ASM for football reasons but cos of FFP we needed to sell. Thats easy enough for him, why can’t you say it? 

This back and forth is in bad faith from you. Enjoy your evening. 

As we've seen though with any Eddie Howe injury statement ever, just becaue he says something doesn't make it true. Bear in mind every club says they need to sell because of FFP. It's convenient to tell the player, supporters and other clubs that.

'Do you want to buy this player? He's not really good enough for us and a bit injury prone, but go on, he could be great for you.'

Or 'Do you want to buy this player? He's fucking great. I wish we didn't have to sell him but, FFP you know?'

27 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Ultimately - I believe the tweet and the tweet quoted. 

We are reluctantly selling Minteh. Everything suggests he’s going to be a baller. But if not him we would need to sell a proven baller for us. We’ve done the best we can in a bad situation. 

We’ve left it too close for comfort and could’ve managed it better. 

BTW folks - unless we get a raft of new sponsors or suddenly find buyers for all the squad players. We’ll almost certainly need to sell next season to just comply. We better hope there’s a market for Joe Willock   

Probably waiting to see the outcome of the Man City arbitration on APT's before announcing anymore major sponsors. Ge a bit silly to announce a 10 million a year sponsor and then a week later Man City win their arbitration case and they realise that 10 million could have been 100 million. 

Plus the as each year goes by we'll have more saleable assets so selling squad players shouldn't be such an issue.

Anyone stop to think that club and Minteh spoke, and he was told he'd either be loaned or that we were buying someone to play RW? Meaning he'd have either go on loan again or sit on the bench, which he didnt fancy, a bit like Palmer

12 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Probably waiting to see the outcome of the Man City arbitration on APT's before announcing anymore major sponsors. Ge a bit silly to announce a 10 million a year sponsor and then a week later Man City win their arbitration case and they realise that 10 million could have been 100 million. 

Plus the as each year goes by we'll have more saleable assets so selling squad players shouldn't be such an issue.

I’ve thought that about sponsorship but it doesn’t make any sense. We didn’t even know Man City were going to lodge that legal challenge on the fair market value.

So seems a bit odd we have waited for 2 full seasons of missed revenue off sponsorship deals. If we were hoping the fair market value was being removed, we could have just signed a 12 month deal to be renewed every year with renewed terms. That way we could have had this and last seasons £m from training gear sponsor, stadium and training ground. And then benefitted from any changes from the Man City challenge. 

however, it’s easy for me to criticise when I have fuck all idea what’s going on behind the scenes. But given genius Dan ashworth doesn’t know how emails work and tipped Garry Neville to be the next pep gaurdiola, it does make you wonder sometimes.

2 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

I’d love this to be true but the fact Brighton want him makes me think he ticks all the boxes as they’re big on analytics.

True enough, but it's more than they usually pay for potential.  Have any of their bigger purchases turned into world beaters?

17 minutes ago, M1tche said:

Anyone stop to think that club and Minteh spoke, and he was told he'd either be loaned or that we were buying someone to play RW? Meaning he'd have either go on loan again or sit on the bench, which he didnt fancy, a bit like Palmer

No, it's that we are going to be docked points if we don't sell, he was promised a future here, we are peddling him around at the last minute.

He is 19, good luck to him.  I wish him all the success in the future and slightly disappointed not to see him for us.

5 minutes ago, simonsays said:

True enough, but it's more than they usually pay for potential.  Have any of their bigger purchases turned into world beaters?

Nee idea to be fair just seems they’ve had a lot of success with younger players they’ve brought in.