Yankuba Minteh: joins Brighton & Hove Albion on a permanent deal (Official)

19 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

No, it's that we are going to be docked points if we don't sell, he was promised a future here, we are peddling him around at the last minute.

He is 19, good luck to him.  I wish him all the success in the future and slightly disappointed not to see him for us.

And you know that for fact how?

3 hours ago, Danh1 said:

I remember Ashworth (I na) and Eales saying that it’s all well and good buying well, but it’s important to be able to sell well too.

I am disappointed we never got to see what he can do here, but to make the profit we have on someone who hasn’t even completed a training session for us is crazy. He’s not played in a decent league yet. Already can’t be arsed with the knuckle draggers on Twitter crying whenever he does something decent for Brighton, like they did Mitro at Fulham.

Going back to my first point about selling well, obviously hindsight is important here but selling Almiron when his stock was high last summer would’ve been selling at the right time. Likewise, if we knew FFP was an upcoming problem, getting rid of Trippier in January for a decent fee would’ve been the right thing to do.

I hope we learn from it to ensure we don’t need to sell any top youth prospects again, and start becoming more ruthless. There’s more than a few this summer need to be peddled for a start. 

not that easy.

players have to agree to leave and clubs have to want to sign them.

2 minutes ago, huss9 said:

not that easy.

players have to agree to leave and clubs have to want to sign them.

Yep. This is especially true of players going to Saudi. As much as I'd love us to get 20m for Almiron I can't be angry at him (or any player) for deciding it's not for them.

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

“Definitely panicking” getting £33mil for a player that never played for us. Okay, Luke, definitely were panicking. Who the fuck at the club would give this guy a modicum of information. Click clown strikes again.

Silly season has come early this year! 

2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

It’s a great deal, even when Chelsea buy him for 70M or more next close season.

i think the club will be patting themselves on the back. i certainly think they;ve played a blinder.

buy a kid and flip him for over £25m 12 momths later.

he may become a world-beater, he may not.

but i say well done darren eales.

they'll be hoping for similar with kuol and ashby but that may be more difficult.

Massively dissapointed. Think his contributions to the team would exceed the fairly minor points deduction we would have gotten.

Would much more prefer we kept him and gave him an opportunity rather than buying someone ready made like f.ex Olise (although there is always a risk that established players also fail to perform in a new environment & under different expectations).

1 minute ago, Conjo said:

Massively dissapointed. Think his contributions to the team would exceed the fairly minor points deduction we would have gotten.

Would much more prefer we kept him and gave him an opportunity rather than buying someone ready made like f.ex Olise (although there is always a risk that established players also fail to perform in a new environment & under different expectations).

There are probably other impacts that seem from points deduction.

It does impact reputation and I'm sure our sponsors or any potential sponsors wouldn't be ecstatic about the news, being non compliant.

18 minutes ago, huss9 said:

i think the club will be patting themselves on the back. i certainly think they;ve played a blinder.

buy a kid and flip him for over £25m 12 momths later.

he may become a world-beater, he may not.

but i say well done darren eales.

they'll be hoping for similar with kuol and ashby but that may be more difficult.

Yeah when you put it that way it's a great bit of business. 

Plus when was the last fucking time we had a prospect pan out? If anything selling him before his injury streak was a masterclass.

2 hours ago, Checko said:

As we've seen though with any Eddie Howe injury statement ever, just becaue he says something doesn't make it true. Bear in mind every club says they need to sell because of FFP. It's convenient to tell the player, supporters and other clubs that.

'Do you want to buy this player? He's not really good enough for us and a bit injury prone, but go on, he could be great for you.'

Or 'Do you want to buy this player? He's fucking great. I wish we didn't have to sell him but, FFP you know?'

Evidently - we did need to sell for FFP reasons.  

1 hour ago, Danh1 said:

Makes you wonder why Liverpool weren't in for him when Slut worked close with him last season? Hopefully it’s because he isn’t all that 

Why take the risk and spend 30m now? If he’s the real deal they can get him for 70-80m in a year or two. 
And they’ve got Salah, Szob, Elliott as left footed attackers. 

Points deduction is a non starter. CL spots are usually decided by 1-3 points. 

Minteh… signed from bumfuck Odense in Norway or Denmark or whatever was never going to see a second of playing time in the premier league for you lot. You’ve now sold him for a MASSIVE profit. Just the same as the likes of Ashby and that Australian lad no one remembers. They will be moved on as well when the time is right.  This is what you are now. A big club, moving players on with little remorse. Get used to it lads. 

I’ve been on the drink tonight not going to lie. 🍺🍺🍺

A win for England tomorrow you think? Possibly. I’ve texted Gareth with a few pointers. You get my drift? I was the favourite for the job at one point. 

:pardsbeard:

1 minute ago, Alan Pardew said:

Minteh… signed from bumfuck Odense in Norway or Denmark or whatever was never going to see a second of playing time in the premier league for you lot. You’ve now sold him for a MASSIVE profit. Just the same as the likes of Ashby and that Australian lad no one remembers. They will be moved on as well when the time is right.  This is what you are now. A big club, moving players on with little remorse. Get used to it lads. 

A win for England tomorrow you think? Possibly. I’ve texted Gareth with a few pointers. You get my drift? I was the favourite for the job at one point. 

;D ;D ;D

5 minutes ago, Alan Pardew said:

'Bumfuck Odense' had me tea being spat out [emoji38]

33 million is mind-bogglingly good business 

Insanely good fee, when you line it up with other deals both here and at other clubs. It feels like free money.

Naturally there's a lot of FOMO going around about what he is/could be. But we're set to buy a top-quality player in that position anyway.

49 minutes ago, Alan Pardew said:

Crystal Palace Dancing GIF

Gan on Alan lad! :lol:

1 hour ago, BennyBlanco said:

And meanwhile Almiron is still a Fucking factor at this club.

Utter fuckery.

We’ve not even started the proper transfer window yet, who knows where Allison will be by August 31st. This whole transfer rush is caused by ridiculous PSR rules. Minteh looked good in a poor league, and even then wasn’t outstanding every game. He’s never trained with the squad, never played premier league football, and never worked under Eddie. If we can use that asset to avoid points deductions, why wouldn’t we??

It’s crap that we don’t get to see someone develop, but it shows the board have some nous about avoiding the negativity that would come with a PSR breach. New sponsorship deals and turnover kick in from the new season, so we’ll have more to spend and have spend it by growing the brand. That’s the right way of doing it, and I for one have faith in the board and Eddie to get us to the top without FFP/PSR/the leagues next bullshit idea holding us back.