Yankuba Minteh

Reading that Tweet from Fab - assuming it's from Minteh's agent, I think either;

• Everton have agreed terms but they want to flush out interest from other PL clubs
  • Another team (Lyon?) have agreed terms but Minteh would rather go to Everton/other PL team
  • The club (and Everton) are making this look like Minteh being desperate to join EFC rather than this purely being a PSR workaround 

4 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Reading that Tweet from Fab - assuming it's from Minteh's agent, I think either;

• Everton have agreed terms but they want to flush out interest from other PL clubs
  • Another team (Lyon?) have agreed terms but Minteh would rather go to Everton/other PL team
  • The club (and Everton) are making this look like Minteh being desperate to join EFC rather than this purely being a PSR workaround 

Think it’s 3 tbh. Time will tell. 

Perhaps he's the next Salah. Perhaps he's the next Adama Traore. Perhaps he's the next Rolando Aarons. If we sell him, worst case scenario for us is he goes on to be a brilliant player for someone else (though we may benefit from a sell-on clause in that case), but we've still make a chunky profit on things so still a tidy net positive.

As long as we got a buy back clause, and this sales can help us to get through those bullshit regulations, then I am fine with that.

No excuse not to add a buy back clause imo.

20 hours ago, Fezzle said:

You don't understand the word rolling? So 22, 23,24 is one block. Next year it's 23,24,25 . It's seriously not difficult. Did you sleep through forest and Everton getting done?

Does the net spend ‘roll’ between ‘blocks’?

29 minutes ago, Zero said:

As long as we got a buy back clause, and this sales can help us to get through those bullshit regulations, then I am fine with that.

No excuse not to add a buy back clause imo.

Surely there has to be a buy back say after 2 years

2 hours ago, The Prophet said:

From this it appears the only reason we are selling him is because we absolutely need to bring money onto the books in order to satisfy PSR by the end of the month and can't line up sales of any senior or unwanted players. Very frustrating but helps us understand that the idiotic rules are to blame rather than the club, who seem to have tried exhausting all the other options. I wonder if we were betting on getting into Europe in some form and how much of a difference that would have made even if it was Conference League.

7 minutes ago, Bunk Moreland said:

From this it appears the only reason we are selling him is because we absolutely need to bring money onto the books in order to satisfy PSR by the end of the month and can't line up sales of any senior or unwanted players. Very frustrating but helps us understand that the idiotic rules are to blame rather than the club, who seem to have tried exhausting all the other options. I wonder if we were betting on getting into Europe in some form and how much of a difference that would have made even if it was Conference League.

Eales outright said we needed to qualify for Europe in some form and we didn't.

Ultimately, if we have to sell Minteh in order to not have to cash in on our big names, then I'm all for it. Makes complete sense.

He could quite easily be a world beater, or as others have said, another Rolando Aarons. 

One thing we are certain on, is that Bruno/Isak etc have to be in this team next year for us to kick on, so I'm not surprised the club are offloading Minteh for the PSR benefits. 

Honestly if you asked Murphy to go to ksa to solve our psr issues, he would. He'd be that guy who sacrifices himself for the team, and earn a pretty penny doing so. Then he can alwaya transfer back to England cut price in a year. 

9 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Honestly if you asked Murphy to go to ksa to solve our psr issues, he would. He'd be that guy who sacrifices himself for the team, and earn a pretty penny doing so. Then he can alwaya transfer back to England cut price in a year. 

Don't think the Saudi Pro League transfer window opens until mid-July, unfortunately.

11 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Murphy's probably not 'that rich' for a footballer yet, he'd probably be on the plane before you'd finished your sentence.

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

£25m fuckin great 

25 million for a player who has had a half decent season in the Dutch league is tremendous money

If he was a feyenoord player and we were offering 25 million for him people would be saying it's a lot of money for someone unproven and they'd want him to be a squad player not thie elite right winger everyone keeps mentioning

35 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Eales outright said we needed to qualify for Europe in some form and we didn't.

Surely that will impact the next financial year as we banked the CL income this year and has no bearing on the June 30th sale deadline?

Probably means that we'll have to raise additional income from player sales in next financial year though due to consistently increasing player amortisation and wages, which probably won't be offset by our growth in commercial income.

3 hours ago, joeyt said:

Can't imagine him being suited to Dyche-ball

Really unfortunate for him if he's prioritizing that move to Everton.

Lyon would be the smart choice I think.