Yankuba Minteh (now playing for Brighton & Hove Albion)

Let’s hope he doesn’t ‘do a Chris Wood’. Might have to put him in my fantasy team. £5.5m and two preseason goals from midfield. (If it’s any consolation me picking someone is usually as good as a hex!)

Gonna seriously regret selling this kid I think. Doesnt matter who the opposition is that is a great finish. 

Good goal but it's in a pre-season friendly against a Japanese team who were in the second division last season. Not going to bother ruing his sale until he starts doing it consistently in the PL.

Edited by Bunk Moreland

5 minutes ago, Vaj said:

I quite like my midfield but think I will have to squeeze him in somewhere.

I swapped him for Conor Chaplin (Ipswich), same price and decent chance of goals and assists. 

1 minute ago, Bunk Moreland said:

Good goal but it's in a pre-season friendly against a Japanese team who were in the second division last season. Not going to bother ruing his sale until he starts doing it consistently in the PL.

Fair point about the opposition but it’s burying your head in the sand to not admit the kid has something and is exciting prospect. You’d have to imagine working with Howe would have got the best out of him. 

I detest PSR

13 minutes ago, gdm said:

Gonna seriously regret selling this kid I think. Doesnt matter who the opposition is that is a great finish. 

Danny Simpson would have been proud :lol:

5 minutes ago, gdm said:

Fair point about the opposition but it’s burying your head in the sand to not admit the kid has something and is exciting prospect. You’d have to imagine working with Howe would have got the best out of him. 

I detest PSR

I think it's best to keep a level head about it given that we sold him for a relatively large amount without him ever having played for us. If he does start tearing it up weekly in the PL, sure I'll be disappointed but the fact that his sale came out of the context of us being in a PSR mess means I'll struggle to be too sad about it. Think this might end up happening with a few players for us over the next few years.

15 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

If we sigh a top class right winger, he'll be forgotten about pretty quickly.

And people forget we have Isak, Gordon and Bruno still because of this sale.

The mistake is we should have insert a buy back clause. No matter how high the fee is, we should do that.

After the Salah and KDB sales, Chelsea never forgot to insert one. They have learnt their lesson. Probably now Minteh is our lesson.

Edited by Zero

2 minutes ago, Zero said:

The mistake is we should have insert a buy back clause. No matter how high the fee is, we should do that.

After the Salah and KDB sales, Chelsea never forgot to insert one. They have learnt their lesson. Probably now Minteh is our lesson.

This has been covered recently on here so feels like going over old ground but we needed as big a fee as possible from Brighton, if fact he’s their record transfer there’s no chance at all we’d have got that fee and a buy back clause 

9 minutes ago, Zero said:

Well that's BS isn't it? Hall and Maatsen have moved without one.

When you are selling for like £30m+, you just don't put one in, as the move afterwards if they progress is like twice as much. Saw it with Lavia after he left Man City. They could've signed him back, but then probably thought, at £50m, lol, fuck that, plenty of similar players out there for less.

47 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Ugh. Has the potential to sting for the next 10 years, this one. I just have to remind myself this is what Chelsea fans are going to feel with Livra & Hall.

Chelsea fans are used to it (KDB, Salah) but they have 2 CLs and a gang of PLs to help.  

The fee we received is only useful because of PSR. 

The amount isn’t impressive because smart money would say he has the very real potential to double that value in 24-36 months. It has no sell-on or buyback to capitalise from that future potential either. The sale isn’t impressive. 

Selling £100m for Kane is impressive because Kane will never be worth more than £100m again. 

If he was doing this for us in pre season, there would be talk that we didn’t need a top quality RW. That would be a discussion rn.  At the least we would be excited that we have something in our hands. 

It was necessary business. Some are acting like the fee made it shrewd business and that’s not the case. 

1 hour ago, HayDen Traces said:

Damn its like listening to a mate bitch about how much he wants his ex back and you just want to slap him and say "move on mate". 

Gotta just let this one go...

But have you seen the tits on him

51 minutes ago, gdm said:

This has been covered recently on here so feels like going over old ground but we needed as big a fee as possible from Brighton, if fact he’s their record transfer there’s no chance at all we’d have got that fee and a buy back clause 

It’s been covered more than Center court at Wimbledon has in rainy season. Been going round for fucking ages now

1 hour ago, nufc123 said:

This is a key point.

1 hour ago, nufc123 said:

True, but so fucking infuriating that we had to do it for no other reason than to balance some dirty, stitch up bollocks ruling, put in place to handicap us and teams who want to catch the cheating bastards running the league - especially on the pretence of protecting clubs from owners who don't have the money or assets to backup their long term spending. Absolute shit show, essentially cements every team outside of the Sky six into feeder clubs for any players that come through with any talent. Just a load of wank, all of the PSR/FFP shite.

On 26/07/2024 at 10:56, HawK said:

This must be how Chelsea fans felt when we got Hall off them

Or Everton fans when we signed Gordon. 

Except the ones chasing him through the streets of Liverpool.