Yankuba Minteh (now playing for Brighton & Hove Albion)

4 hours ago, lovejoy said:

There's one of them behind me as well! 😂

Some people only see the glass 5% empty instead of 95% full. If ffp / psr wasn’t a thing and the owners came in and said they’re going to invest £1bn in players then some would complain it wasn’t £2bn.

4 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

How come so many people in here are claiming the plan was to sell Joelinton? I assumed it must have been widely reported? So there was really no way of keeping Minteh?

Isn’t it only because Ashworth wasn’t keen on giving him a new contract and Staveley stepped in and got it done?

4 hours ago, Shearergol said:

It’s mainly because people detest Almiron tbf 

Anyone saying they 'detest' a player who absolutely grafts his bollocks off and plays with a massive smile on his face all the time needs to frankly GTF.

He has limitations, and I'm as annoyed as anyone by his utter refusal to use his right foot, but we need a little perspective here.

4 hours ago, Shearergol said:

Harder to get emotionally attached to a player we’ve never seen kick a ball for us surely?

Check last year's Madison's thread, or this year's Guehi thread for evidence of the contrary. At least Minteh was actually ours.

3 hours ago, Zero said:

Just google “Joelinton” and “Ashworth” and you will get what you want.

There were a lot of news reported back in around last December, that the club did not want to extend Joelintons contract. Then after Ashworth started his garden leave the club immediately started the extension talk with Joelinton.

if you have been following the news you should know the above.

So back to my original question - which player would you want in the team yesterday?

Edited by Shearergol

2 hours ago, BottledDog said:

Fast becoming a club legend this lad. We'll be hoying up statues to him soon.

Soon? I’ve already made one of him for my garden where he is made from solid gold, beheading Almiron, and Almiron is made out of baked dog shit.

13 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

So back to my original question - which player would you want in the team yesterday?

Fuck. Not the fifth time. 

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Brighton aren't even playing today and this thread is top of the page still.

God help us.

Sorry, probably partly my fault and I’m one of those wanting to move on [emoji38]

Can tell this is going to be a depressing and salty thread for a while

I have already accepted he will be class for them and move to somewhere bigger in 2 years.

Edited by Amir_9

It appears that we have reached a stalemate in our discussion, and the most sensible course of action would be to acknowledge our differences and agree to disagree. While further discourse is possible, there may come a point where it becomes unproductive to continue. I believe we have reached that juncture, as everyone has had the opportunity to express their perspectives, concerns, and positions on the matter. It may be prudent to conclude our discussion at this point.

AND MOVE ON!!

6 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Nope. I get the whole “long term I want minteh” answer, I really do. I’m asking about yesterday specifically. 

It is not about “who we want”, it’s about “who is here during the process”. Of course I want Joe for yesterdays game when we need to grind it out with 10 players left. But the PSR issue force us to sell our players before they completely lose their market value, which means we should always see our favourite players left at their last prime years. That’s how shit the PSR limit is, but we have no choice. 

By keeping Joelinton, we will have a stronger team this season but weaker in the future, which puts further pressure on Howe and the team to achieve top 4 finish this season in order to cover the PSR hole and have extra funds for a new RW. 

I totally understand as a fan we should always hope for the best of the club, and that we should always target the highest possible league position and challenge for trophies. The problem is the PSR rules completely change the game, the squad building and the risk management model is totally different compare to the past. 

This actually leads to further conflict of interest between the sporting director (who should oversee the long term squad building) and the manager (who would always want to have the strongest team asap in order to keep his job). I won’t cover that here.

Of course I want my favourite player to stay in our club till they are finished at the top level football. The days are gone.