Yankuba Minteh (on loan at Feyenoord)

looks like he could maybe make an impact off the bench against tired legs.

given our injury woes I'd like to see what he can offer - then maybe Feyenoord could take him back on loan next season.

edit - that said I've only seen clips of him

Edited by Ginola14

2 minutes ago, jack j said:

Still never managed to see him play

Anyone who has. What kind of player is he

On a scale of Almiron To ASM

From what I’ve seen a mixture of both. Great dribbling and stamina, but also the same allergic reaction to his right foot that Miggy has.

9 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Yeah, usually dead against bringing players back and disrupting them, but if it can be done with zero fuss then it's becoming a necessity. 

And it’s not like he’s starting every game there either. If he comes, he would be getting about the same playtime as he’s getting at Feyenoord, especially if Murphy isn’t coming back for sometime. 

6 hours ago, Solitude20 said:

And it’s not like he’s starting every game there either. If he comes, he would be getting about the same playtime as he’s getting at Feyenoord, especially if Murphy isn’t coming back for sometime. 

Prior to his injury he was a regular starter, would come off around 60 mins or so, he started 5 out of 6 games

Then since he's been back it's 2 starts from 5 

It's better for his development if he stays there and maybe better for our relationship with Feyenoord

Plus even if he came back he'd possibly miss most of Jan anyway due to AFCON 

Guest reefatoon
10 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Prior to his injury he was a regular starter, would come off around 60 mins or so, he started 5 out of 6 games

Then since he's been back it's 2 starts from 5 

It's better for his development if he stays there and maybe better for our relationship with Feyenoord

Plus even if he came back he'd possibly miss most of Jan anyway due to AFCON 

if not AFCON an injury. 

31 minutes ago, Kanji said:

He’s raw, but very direct and great dribbler. Always trying to get something on goal. Very one footed. Fearless. 

He isn’t totally one footed tbh - has 3 assists with his right foot - your typical left footed player who loves a finesse curl into the far corner 

In addition to what’s been quoted his crossing is better than Miggy - tends to cut in and whip the ball - good ability to play through balls 

He is very raw - the season on loan and European football will do wonders for him - we are very lucky we got him on

loan to such a good club 

He alone isn’t an answer to our RW - but I’d be shocked if him an another RW aren’t in our squad next season 

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Are we actually allowed to cancel the loan? If so, bring him in. He's going to get plenty of football and even if he's still raw it's a body.

According to reports, we don’t have an option to recall. Although I’m sure we could find a way to get him back. 

that being said, I think we should just leave him, we will have much less games in the second half of the season and we will get our players back eventually. 

• 3 weeks later...

What happens next season? I really think we need a top class RW.

Do we buy a RW, keep Almiron for one more season as backup and send Minteh out on loan for one more season.

Then the season after sell Almiron and bring Minteh back to compete with the new RW.

release Ritchie, Minteh can replace him and be an actual viable option. Especially late on in games with his speed. Add a new right winger.