Yankuba Minteh (on loan at Feyenoord)

9 hours ago, joeyt said:

If someone on the continent like a Porto or Benfica offered us £25-30 million for him this summer, would you take it if it helped our FFP and keep Bruno/Isak?

100%. That’s exactly why we bought him in the first place.

11 hours ago, The Prophet said:

He does look absolutely class like. Great little passes and decision making. Was this every touch or did he make any errors at all? 

looks like an exciting prospect so I hope we keep him 

but if Ajax can get the kind of crazy money they got for Antony, then who knows what he could be worth to us if he continues to develop there and grabs headlines 

Think it would be a huge mistake to sell him. He's got the traits for our style of play which is fairly uncommon to find in top level wingers, he's quick, eye for goal and a pass and his name is fucking Minteh. Match made in heaven.

Edited by Conjo

40 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Think it would be a huge mistake to sell him. He's got the traits for our style of play which is fairly uncommon to find in top level wingers, he's quick, eye for goal and a pass and his name is fucking Minteh. Match made in heaven.

The pressing and winning the ball back in the ajax game is what makes it for me. Howe will love him as long as he can keep up that intensity. He looks like miggy with more range. 

16 hours ago, Unbelievable said:

Wasn’t aware he turned it down, just that for some reason it broke down. Maybe with some more reflection and preparation time he’s now open to such a move. Think that’s our best bet of getting a decent fee.

I like Miggy though, so no averse to him staying. Needs to sort out his fitness issues though, but that goes for half our squad at the moment.

He might not stay anyway, he's going to have a year left on his contract next season, he could just run it down and then we get nothing. He doesn't really have fitness issues though, this is the first time he's been out for any sort of lengthy spell in a long while.

I've said it before but I really like the way he controls the ball and squares up to the defender in a way that makes it look like he can go either inside or outside. Something you see top wingers like Saka do, and obviously he has that ridiculous acceleration to go with it. I think his decision making will be frustrating in the PL but he's still only had like less than 2 years of coaching in Europe I think? Hopefully he will improve in that regard quickly. 

I think we'd be daft not to have him in the squad next season given our right wing options currently. He has arguably already played to a higher level than both Murphy and Almiron this season.

Edited by Smal

10 minutes ago, TRon said:

He might not stay anyway, he's going to have a year left on his contract next season, he could just run it down and then we get nothing. He doesn't really have fitness issues though, this is the first time he's been out for any sort of lengthy spell in a long while.

Don’t think his contractual situation has been fully clarified?

Would imagine we’ve probably got some kind of option to extend if it does only run to next year.

https://fbref.com/en/players/c3cf087d/scout/365_m2/Yankuba-Minteh-Scouting-Report

When you compare how he is performing compared to other wingers in the 14 leagues outside the top 5 it's absolutely ridiculous, mind. He excels at pretty much everything (he's even 99th percentile for tackles won in a team that averages 61.6% possession ffs :lol:); with his weakness being that he gives the ball away a lot. 

4 minutes ago, Smal said:

https://fbref.com/en/players/c3cf087d/scout/365_m2/Yankuba-Minteh-Scouting-Report

When you compare how he is performing compared to other wingers in the 14 leagues outside the top 5 it's absolutely ridiculous, mind. He excels at pretty much everything (he's even 99th percentile for tackles won in a team that averages 61.6% possession ffs :lol:); with his weakness being that he gives the ball away a lot. 

Those passing stats will limit him to being an impact sub atm which is fine.

If we qualify for Europa or  Conference - keeping him is a no-brainer. He'll get minutes.

54 minutes ago, Smal said:

image.png.868581e6d0fd7257d1c407a04ae3820f.png

That's incredible.

As said other day, it needs a heavy dose of ‘It’s the Eredivise’. I’d expect Dan James to post 30+ GA if he played a full season there :D 

Get him on another loan in a more challenging league.

It feels a bit of a no brainer to keep him around next season in my opinion as he seems to be so suited to the way that we play, especially if we were to get into Europe. If it comes to January and he isn't getting enough minutes he can always go out on loan for 6 months but he seems to have all the attributes to succeed in the Premiership. 

If he is to go out on loan then another stint at Feyenoord would be the sensible option. 

On 08/04/2024 at 10:47, The Prophet said:

His decision making already looks a hundred times better than Jacob Murphy's.

Edited by Holmesy

He looks a fun player but I'm not prepared to get my hopes up. I can see Eddie keeping him around for a few games pre-season to evaluate but I won't be surprised to see him sent on loan again and just hope it's either back to Feyenoord if they want him or a similar team that are both of good stature and able to promise valuable minutes.

Even more reason I won't get excited is he could easily become our first foray in to flipping youth via breakout loan spells. Plucking a number out my arse here but if he can command £25m-odd based on the promise shown this season, I could see the club finding it hard to refuse given our FFP circumstances. 

6 hours ago, Dr. TC said:

The pressing and winning the ball back in the ajax game is what makes it for me. Howe will love him as long as he can keep up that intensity. He looks like miggy with more range. 

And a right leg! [emoji38]

His change of pace / acceleration really stands out.

A nice benefit that he won't be involved with the Euros or Copa America, so he'll get some extra time with the coaching staff this summer.

I'm certainly excited by this lad, despite the perceived weakness of the opposition. Skill combined with electric pace is a great attribute, the discipline he needs in his game, give Eddie a shout 

5 hours ago, huss9 said:

how long is his contract with us?

I’m not 100% sure but it would only make sense if there’s some kind of club option for an extension.