Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

Never really got on board with the dislike of either Gini or Sissoko, they were our best players at the time, and they both got moves to CL clubs which kind of backed that up. It wasn't good players that were the problem, it was that we were happy to fill the team with bad ones. We  were just a shit club going nowhere at the time.

On 16/08/2023 at 09:12, TheBrownBottle said:

Am I the only Geordie who thinks that Greggs is absolute shite - heartburn in a roll.

Milligans was always the superior Newcastle bakery.  The UK doesn’t know what it missed. 

Greggs has always been shite, but it was cheap shite, it's expensive now for the low quality it is. The oven door was similar.

I prefer Shys,then Dickson's.

I have no idea why Greggs has done so well.

I wonder if someone told him the Job Bullman was a classy place in Gosforth for a wind up and he fell for it, it's about the only place on the high street I can afford to drink in.

High street used to be rough at times, Gosforth is not as posh as I thinks it is.

9 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Hopefully the entire country wakes up out of the Greggs obsession hypnosis. Then Wrights Pies can take over and deliver meat and potato goodness for the masses.

Wright’s pies as in the pies from Stoke on Trent??

On 16/08/2023 at 15:57, TRon said:

Never really got on board with the dislike of either Gini or Sissoko, they were our best players at the time, and they both got moves to CL clubs which kind of backed that up. It wasn't good players that were the problem, it was that we were happy to fill the team with bad ones. We  were just a shit club going nowhere at the time.

With a bit more time I am more open to this view, but I thought Wijnaldum did the bare minimum for us. In reality it was disfunction from top to bottom but I was really excited when he signed and that Norwich game aside never seemed like all that much. 

for me it was because they were clearly trying harder in terms of their performances when the game was on TV

It was probably more that Gini downed tools pretty early in the season.