Sandro Tonali: given suspended two-month ban by FA (Official)

The Prophet

Don't think we're in a position to write off £50m, so can't see us terminating his contact, unless we intend to sue him like Chelsea & Mutu. 

Hopefully it gets sorted sooner rather than later, ban potentially months rather than anything longer, and get him ready for next season. 

38 minutes ago, astraguy said:

A 3 year minimum ban I've just read from the mag 😕

Gets cut in half if you show remorse and cry apparently.

Well played Tonali need his agent to push this line.

Edited by Whitley mag

What if he changes his name and do surgeries to become unreocgnizeable and look much younger. We can shove him into the academy, falsify his documents so that he's now 17, and then pick him up to the first team after a couple of months. Any name suggestions?

Edited by Erikse

3 minutes ago, Erikse said:

What if he changes his name and do surgeries to become unreocgnizeable and look much younger. We can shove him into the academy, falsify his documents so that he's now 17, and then pick him up to the first team after a couple of months. Any name suggestions?

Sandro Tombola

If he's been betting for or against his own team then that's obviously pretty dire and we'll need to cut ties with him. If he's been betting on football in general ala Toney and has fallen foul of what seems to be some fairly strict Italian laws, then hope the club gives him all the support he needs/it can. Be a massive shame if it ends like this having only seen glimpses of what he's capable of - not to mention the fact that he's so young, be gutting if he's chucking his career away on something like this.

12 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Teenali 

13 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Brazilian wonderkid Gamblor 

38 minutes ago, Erikse said:

How will anyone be able to prove that Milan knew about it?

The only people who could do that would be the Italian authorities, and I'm not sure they'd be that motivated to prosecute an Italian club in favour of a British one with Saudi ownership.

Just now, TRon said:

The only people who could do that would be the Italian authorities, and I'm not sure they'd be that motivated to prosecute an Italian club in favour of a British one with Saudi ownership.

Exactly my thoughts too..

Just now, Erikse said:

Exactly my thoughts too..

Our best bet might actually be our Saudi ownership, as I imagine they won't take losing £50m lying down.

Obviously nothing is proven yet, but been very wary about how this could have happened right from the start. The Italians wouldn't have sent these players home without good reason.

6 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

No reputable sources have suggested he’s bet on football games.  

just hoping this blows over, man. Would be really disappointed if this gets ugly. 

1 hour ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Always prefer to cross bridges when I/we come to them, but presume having a player unavailable in such circumstances does not get taken into account FFP wise?

Was wanting to ask this too in the very worst case

With our owners being so rich, I'm sure they could afford a £50M replacement (again, in worst case), but if FFP wouldn't let us write off the fee for Tonali, then we'd be severely hampered by FFP

Gutting to have such a negative story associated with the squad, after having felt like we've not experienced such a thing for ages. Joelinton's drink driving issue was potentially very minor compared to this.

All the more frustrating that it's centring around someone who's only been here five minutes. The offence is completely unrelated to NUFC but we're absorbing the impact. Very annoying. 

Given this, his fairly dismal start on the pitch, and his apparent absence of anything remotely endearing, I'm starting to wish we'd spent that money differently.

If it transpires that he has nothing serious to answer for then great; I'll gladly re-take the sympathetic position around footballers and gambling. But if the accusations of illegality and betting on his own team are true then there's no excusing the stupidity.