Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

11 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Did he ? Where has this been reported ?

It's been reported quite widely, granted I'm not sure how reliable it all is. For example:

https://football-italia.net/betting-scandal-fagioli-tonali-and-zaniolos-stances-explained-and-how-long-they-could-be-banned-for/

"The Juventus midfielder ‘self-reported’ to FIGC, admitting to gambling on football games. He also sought help from a therapist to treat his gambling addiction and revealed all he knew about the case, including the involvement of Sandro Tonali."

39 minutes ago, STM said:

Not sure where the truth lies but I don't trust the Italian justice system at all.

Well, I don't know.. Why would they wish to ban one of their own players unless it was justified?

Edited by Erikse

1 minute ago, Pixelphish said:

Surely any ban would only apply under Italian jurisdiction if it's non football betting? Am I losing my mind thinking this?

Would make sense. If he's not broken any FIFA or UEFA laws surely at worst the Italian FA can only ban him from their national team 

1 minute ago, Pixelphish said:

Surely any ban would only apply under Italian jurisdiction if it's non football betting? Am I losing my mind thinking this?

The whole thing is really weird. I've no idea either why there's still talk of a ban if what his agent has said is true :lol:

Are regular folk just not allowed to go to work if they get caught using a simialirly dodgy site? The punishment doesn't make any sense at all if he's not bet on football. 

If he hasn't bet on football and the Italians tell us to ban him then we had better be telling them to go fuck themselves. Banning a player from their trade for Blackjack & Poker FFS. They can fuck right off.

Just now, Jaqen said:

The whole thing is really weird. I've no idea either why there's still talk of a ban if what his agent has said is true :lol:

Are regular folk just not allowed to go to work if they get caught using a simialirly dodgy site? The punishment doesn't make any sense at all if he's not bet on football. 

Right? He's seemingly broken a (fairly puritanical) Italian law. What right do they have to ban him from football in another country on the back of that? :lol: what next, Salah caught speeding back in Egypt and they ban him for 6 months? Makes no sense 

Just for clarity (lol), it's only the report from talkSPORT which claim Tonali says he hasn't bet on football, according to NUFC sources.

The agent comments were only with regards to him having a gambling addiction.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Just for clarity (lol), it's only the report from talkSPORT which claim Tonali says he hasn't bet on football, according to NUFC sources.

was also being mentioned by Italian reporters in the live thread yesterday.

Does anyone know if the lad banned is domestic or global? Sure global only involves cheating the game, if so, then the ban has no meaning unless he moves back to Italy. 

6 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Twas in the Italian press last night too, granted they're as unreliable as it gets.

Think we can all agree that he hasn't exactly blown us away, besides that goal against Villa. Possible that this has been hanging over his head and causing massive concern for him. Hopefully now that it's out in the open it'll be a weight off his shoulders and he can get the help he clearly needs to kick the addiction, and maybe, in turn, with the reins off, will come good.

Howay, Sandro, lad. We're behind you.