Sandro Tonali: given suspended two-month ban by FA (Official)

The Prophet

To add, I think TheBrownBottle is going a bit OTT regarding betting on your own team, I'm not trying to claim there's absolutely no chance a game could ever be effected by a player doing it.

Also Tonali should absolutely be banned, and probably for 12 month or more.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

Assuming Milan knew all about this and knew what was coming down the line, and sold him so they wouldn’t have to deal with it, I hope it has dawned on Sandro that his beloved club from birth were happy to throw him away to avoid all of this. And instead his new club have welcomed him with open arms and will support him through this. 

Hope we fuck Milan up in the CL and then fuck them in the courts, too. 

I think what we do or don’t do about Milan has to be secondary and everything should be done to insulate the player from that. 

He’s getting banned, most important thing is to start the process of rehabilitating him, supporting him and preparing the ground for when he can come back. 

Have a feeling that it’s gonna be a massive kick in the bollocks and a ban like 14-20 months or similar. Hope to god my gut feeling is wrong like. 

Edited by Ikon

4 hours ago, Matt1892 said:

I can see someone else coming from there at a lower fee as some sort of settlement.

They've been linked to that Juan Miranda, so we can take Theo then!

Doubt the club would have any interest in taking any of their players again, black listed lol!

5 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Assuming Milan knew all about this and knew what was coming down the line, and sold him so they wouldn’t have to deal with it, I hope it has dawned on Sandro that his beloved club from birth were happy to throw him away to avoid all of this. And instead his new club have welcomed him with open arms and will support him through this. 

Hope we fuck Milan up in the CL and then fuck them in the courts, too. 

Good take that. I like it. 

34 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Speaking of betting. What’s happening with Paqueta’s allegations? Seems to have gone very quiet. 

Italians just seem more efficient. Toney ban took a while and Paqueta’s case probably involves Brazilian authorities too so will take even more time. What Paqueta did is way worse than Tonali or Toney, think he’s looking at something like two years minimum ban if the allegations are true.

Edited by Pata

20 hours ago, Menace said:

I'm still gutted about this tbh. He was really emotional when the crowd sung his name as well. Shame but I hope he comes back stronger.

What's worse is that it will set him back another few months when he does come back, he needed this season to acclimatise to the pace of the game over here. Anyway, we have to put this behind us once his punishment is handed down. Hopefully it's only 12 months, I think we've been punished enough considering as a club we've done nothing wrong.

6 hours ago, Wullie said:

Nah I completely disagree, it does critically affect the integrity of the game either way if a player has a stake in a result beyond what he's employed to do. What if the team have a player sent off after 5 minutes, the manager's instruction is to sit deep and hold out for a draw, but the player keeps charging forward needing the win because he's got a huge amount of money on it?

Now that the bookies offer foul, shot and tackle markets you don't even need to take a booking, would be so easy to do for any player who wanted to.

And players may well know if people on the other team are carrying injuries etc which is essentially a form of insider trading.

11 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

And players may well know if people on the other team are carrying injuries etc which is essentially a form of insider trading.

There's a big difference between insider knowledge (which is not illegal at all) and insider trading to be fair. The bookies use insider information all the time to adjust odds on markets. 

The Trippier ban was kind of ridiculous as that was based on 'insider information'. Essentially banned for telling his mates who he was signing for. Yet Sky Sports are allowed to just make up transfer stories and offer odds on them though skybet at the same time. 

1 minute ago, Jaqen said:

There's a big difference between insider knowledge (which is not illegal at all) and insider trading to be fair. The bookies use insider information all the time to adjust odds on markets. 

The Trippier ban was kind of ridiculous as that was based on 'insider information'. Essentially banned for telling his mates who he was signing for. Yet Sky Sports are allowed to just make up transfer stories and offer odds on them though skybet at the same time. 

Either way he knew it was illegal when he did it, as I said a while ago that I said Toney deserves a ban so I’m not going to be a hypocrite just because he plays for us.

Seems like we'll be finding out tomorrow then. 9 months or less and I think that's fair, anything more would seem like overkill.

This is all based on the assumption that what he's done isn't tantamount to match fixing. If it is, then ofcourse I'd expect it to be closer to 18 months if not more.

6 hours ago, Matt1892 said:

If Milan knew then there would be serious repercussions from this in terms of what we will throw at it from a legal point of view.

I can see someone else coming from there at a lower fee as some sort of settlement.

How do you prove it?