Sandro Tonali: given suspended two-month ban by FA (Official)

The Prophet

Whats sticking out of the bag? part of a tennis racquets packaging or something?

He'll be spotted playing tennis in Elswick park or somewhere next

6 hours ago, Arknor said:

Whats sticking out of the bag? part of a tennis racquets packaging or something?

He'll be spotted playing tennis in Elswick park or somewhere next

Padel would be my guess. 

4 minutes ago, Gazzaschicken said:

Just soaking up the British culture.

It's a foreign country, the guy probably struggles to read most shop signs never mind know who they are associated with

Gotta respect the guy for getting out and about, on what appears to be his own on numerous occasions now.

Most of the other clubs players are invisible and might not even shop in Newcastle, easy to take a charter flight to Manchester, London or Paris as if it's a day trip.

Just now, Newcastle Fan said:

When do we actually get him back for official games again? i forgot if he can play in friendlies or not as well.

Aug 27th so I think he will miss the first two games of next season

55 minutes ago, Sima said:

Needs depth behind it. What we currently have now is not the answer.

Thing is say Joelinton, Bruno and Tonali are starting then Willock, Anderson, Miley, Longstaff from the bench isn’t bad. My only issue is we could do with a bit more creativity/goals from midfield. I suppose we’re still not quite sure where Tonali fits in. 

The bulk of funds will need to go on CB, striker, RW, maybe even LB though.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

2 hours ago, nufcjb said:

Hope Eddie has worked out how him, Bruno and Big Joe will play next season. Incredible midfield if we get it right.

I agree. A lot of people were saying Bruno and Tonali were too alike when playing in the same midfield earlier in the season.

I hope that Tonali and whoever we play at RW have the interchangeability of Big Joe and Willock last season, meaning Sandro will be out wide whipping in crosses will the RW (Gordon or whoever we buy) will be drifting inside. Also think from a wider position he will be able to thread balls to Isak similar to the Murphy assist yesterday

Watched a Tonali highlight video recently of his time this season and there is plenty to be excited, good on the ball, good energy and comfort on the ball.

A mid of Big Joe, Bruno and Tonali could be a menace both attacking and will have the energy to help defensively.

If we smash the transfer window we will be challenging for top 4 imo

22 hours ago, Gazzaschicken said:

Just soaking up the British culture.

Nearly there. All that's left is to not pick his dog shit up and declare on social media that he's not donating to the RNLI anymore unless they let brown people drown. 

God save the King

1 hour ago, Funtime Frankie said:

I hope that Tonali and whoever we play at RW have the interchangeability of Big Joe and Willock last season, meaning Sandro will be out wide whipping in crosses will the RW (Gordon or whoever we buy) will be drifting inside. Also think from a wider position he will be able to thread balls to Isak similar to the Murphy assist yesterday

Watched a Tonali highlight video recently of his time this season and there is plenty to be excited, good on the ball, good energy and comfort on the ball.

A mid of Big Joe, Bruno and Tonali could be a menace both attacking and will have the energy to help defensively.

If we smash the transfer window we will be challenging for top 4 imo

Honestly think if we have a proper transfer window with 3-4 key signings and all of our players back (and no-one key sold) and we can actually challenge for the title. 

Liverpool may struggle with a new management and new identity

Arsenal may drop off if they either win this year (as achieved their aim), or fall just short (as did Liverpool the year after quadruple flopped)

Man City will be there or thereabouts but it sounds like the 115 charges are now about to be heard and it could be deadly

Villa are looking good but may struggle with balancing CL with PL especially with lack of experience, like us. 

Man U - nowhere near - not in the conversation - even if they get a new manager

Chelsea are improving but need a few more seasons to mature

Spurs, not consistent enough

Whatever you think of this season, our XG, our performances, everything for the most part has been very strong - it's the luck of the cup draws and the devastating injuries that have destroyed the season - even then we're doing very well to be where we are. 

We have 3 midfielders that have enough quality to be playing regularly for a team aiming to be in the top 4 mix every season. We’re a team that plays a midfield three. Imo you can talk all you want about us having enough bodies in there but it’s not enough imo as I see the midfield as such an important part of the team. It’s the heartbeat offensively as well as defensively imo. You can get away with playing one “lesser” player there every now and then. However, over a season it’s gonna affect us quite a bit. Never mind if we have a long term injury to one of them, or a suspension along with a player injured. Then we look extremely weak in there all of a sudden. It won’t matter how good our defence or attack is if we don’t have control of the midfield. Both in and out of possession.  One key point imo is that we lack technical quality and quality depth in midfield. It looks a little bit one dimensional overall so I would like to both strengthen the area in depth as well as signing players that can offer something slightly different to what we currently have. 

Im very well aware that we have other positions to strengthen so we can’t sign 2 finished articles of high quality for obvious reasons. Here’s What I would do I would go for two quality young players that aren’t expected to be key players straight away, but players that have 1st team experience and good to great technical ability and won’t cost a bomb. 
just to name two. Désiré Doué an attacking midfielder with great versatility and technical ability. And Ezequiel Fernández a DM that is a good playmaker from a deeper position. I obviously wouldn’t know for sure but I reckon we might get both of these for 45m. They have quality but most of all undeniable potential. Players that can grow from squad players to become key players. They would offer us something different and give us plenty of options. 

i would sell/loan out a couple of the other midfielders that we have but keep one of them. I personally think many of our other players are either very young or overrated or just poor in general.  I think the 45-50m for these two would be a great “investment” and still leave money for other positions. 

Edited by Ikon