Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

On 16/08/2023 at 15:02, Pata said:

I think it has a lot to do with how the player left. It's clear Tonali wasn't asking for the move this summer but his club preferred to have the coin instead of his services, no point in being angry at the boyhood fan for leaving in those circumstances.

I never wished anything good for players that used us as a stepping stone like Sissoko and Gini (Ashley-era and all that but still) but always cheered on players I liked that were forced out or naturally moved on to bigger things like Ayoze, HBA or now ASM. Same for Carroll after he left Liverpool because fuck Liverpool.

In nearly all circumstances I want the best for players that leave us. At the end of the day they are people like me and you doing they best they can to support their families. I thought Gini was pea hearted when it mattered for us but always seemed a decent lad and happy he was utilised better at Liverpool and has had a good career. Never had any issues with Sissoko. He was a limited player but he never hid, never shirked responsibility and always seemed to try his best. No problem with players using us as stepping stones if they do their best. 

Only player I’ve genuinely not wanted to do well after leaving us is Michael Owen. 

I mean under Ashley we actively sold the club to players as a stepping stone club

It was frustrating seeing Sissoko in the French press every week saying he wanted to leave but the club was sold to him as a stepping stone

Edited by joeyt

This is the big stage. World watching with bated breath. Doesn’t matter the relative importance of the game, let’s face it beyond the terminally optimistic amongst us, it’s a free hit; not many would blink an eye if we are well beaten. But putting himself toe to toe with players like Rodri, if he can stand out here, if he can make a difference, his transfer fee will look an absolute steal and his, and our, profile and reputation around the world will be immense. 

6 hours ago, Hot Since 1882 said:

Gattuso but plays like Pirlo.

Ray Wilkins ( we loved him, here in Milano, in 80's) but dynamic as Paul Ince. You got a big deal with him, u will love him more than now.

Millions of Milanisti now support Newcastle. See u soon in Champions and good luck !!!

3 minutes ago, Curva Sud Milano said:

Ray Wilkins ( we loved him, here in Milano, in 80's) but dynamic as Paul Ince. You got a big deal with him, u will love him more than now.

Millions of Milanisti now support Newcastle. See u soon in Champions and good luck !!!

I was stopped by a Milan fan in Palmanova who spotted my Tonali T-shirt.

He absolutely raved about him.

7 minutes ago, Curva Sud Milano said:

I like this one 

2 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

We were chasing shadows for large portions and there wasn’t much he could do.

Hopefully coming off a bit early will keep him fresh, has to be starting games.

👍 Thought him and Joelinton couldn’t really find their footing at all tonight. City are just too good, they’ll bounce back next weekend though.

4 minutes ago, Flip said:

👍 Thought him and Joelinton couldn’t really find their footing at all tonight. City are just too good, they’ll bounce back next weekend though.

Joelinton I agree couldn’t, but think your bang wrong with Tonali, he did alright.