Sandro Tonali: confirmed as being available for selection from 28.08

The Prophet

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

100% this. Carroll sale broke my heart, and it ended a level of love for football which I'll never get back. It's only be recent since I forgave Given as well. Enrique I was pissed but the goalkeeper thing ended that quite quickly. 

Enrique was fully responsible for his move. It was fair. Given really dropped us in it with timings and Carroll was convinced to leave. It was his decision but the club made him aware they wanted it and would be best for all parties. 

Shay spent the closing moments of his final appearance for us away at Blackburn stopping a fight between Barton and Enrique and I'm sure he'd spent half the game being sick pitchside too. It stung at the time but we did have a reasonable deputy in Harper and we were such a bloody shambles right then I couldn't blame him for wanting away so quickly.

24 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Nah Bruno progresses the ball with passing and dribbling much better. Silkier. 

The Tonali comps are full of hard running, interceptions and tackles, good feet and decent passing. 

A Bruno comp will have more skilful runs and less obvious passes. 

Yeah I agree, he won't progress the ball like Bruno. But I think he is far more composed than Bruno in certain situations, primarily in defence. I would imagine that Sandro will allow Bruno to operate further up the pitch but with the ability to pivot.

I really hope this happens, can't wait to see them both control the midfield together.

1 minute ago, Cronky said:

With all this talk about our budget, I wasn't expecting us to pay quite so much for one player. I don't know if this means we're going for quality not quantity.

Tonalifan's description of him very much mirrors what you see on You Tube - a real 100%-er, and versatile. 

That's perked me up a bit.

It means the journos know absolutely nothing about our budget .

1 minute ago, Pilko said:

Shay spent the closing moments of his final appearance for us away at Blackburn stopping a fight between Barton and Enrique and I'm sure he'd spent half the game being sick pitchside too. It stung at the time but we did have a reasonable deputy in Harper and we were such a bloody shambles right then I couldn't blame him for wanting away so quickly.

He was my favourite player at the time by some distance...for that it hit harder, and for such a low price. In the end he did fuck all at citeh. At the time I was glad and revelled in the move turning out shite, but now I wish it had went better for him. 

Admittedly I know fuck all about him before the last 72hrs, but as a now YouTube expert on him, I'd expected us to find cover for Longstaff after his injury last season showed how vital he is. I didn't think we'd be able to find a replacement for his work rate with more skill as well but it shows how little I know about football these days

5 minutes ago, Max Cherry said:

Wonder how Craig Hope explains this one, absolute knob that he is. 

Just watched a video he put on 2 days ago and he didn’t mention Tonali once. Did mention McTominay though.

Not knocking him for that btw. I love how we aren’t giving the local journos (or any for that matter, as the deal was clearly advanced when it leaked and was leaked by the other side imo) anything at all. Keeping our cards close to our chest. 

Just now, wiseman said:

Admittedly I know fuck all about him before the last 72hrs, but as a now YouTube expert on him, I'd expected us to find cover for Longstaff after his injury last season showed how vital he is. I didn't think we'd be able to find a replacement for his work rate with more skill as well but it shows how little I know about football these days

He may not be Longstaffs replacement as he plays more central and tge rumours from the club are that they want to be able to push Bruno on a bit so possible that Tonali would replace Bruno letting Bruno advance that bit more.

Also it leaves a lot of room for rotation especially if the other midfielder they seem to want co especially comes in. Could well be a midfielder capable of playing further forward/wide.

4 minutes ago, Dokko said:

He was my favourite player at the time by some distance...for that it hit harder, and for such a low price. In the end he did fuck all at citeh. At the time I was glad and revelled in the move turning out shite, but now I wish it had went better for him. 

I totally understand but why Given wanted out, but the timing was shocking, and probably resulted in our relegation - Given in nets wins us a few more points that season.  I couldn’t quite ‘forgive’ him after, it forgive is the right term.

As for Carroll, from what I gather he was happy to orchestrate a move, Ashley happy to take the money, and all parties to pretend that it was heart-wrenching.  Carroll’s failures were pure schadenfreude for me - he had the chance to live the dream and sacked it off.  

Just now, Danh1 said:

Just watched a video he put on 2 days ago and he didn’t mention Tonali once. Did mention McTominay though.

Not knocking him for that btw. I love how we aren’t giving the local journos (or any for that matter, as the deal was clearly advanced when it leaked and was leaked by the other side imo) anything at all. Keeping our cards close to our chest. 

Yeah they know absolutely nothing so resort to guesswork, which makes them look stupid and totally unreliable. 

5 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Where’s the video?

3 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Imagine trying to get past/breaking down a midfield trio of Joelinton - Bruno - Tonali. :lol:

Imagine telling us 2 years ago we could have a midfield trio of 2 Brazilians and an Italian International[emoji38]