Sandro Tonali: confirmed as being available for selection from 28.08

The Prophet

34 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Yes, blew the deposit for him and his partners house that he’d earned on sky sports! 

He fronted a good documentary about the gambling industry and addiction. He met families of people who committed suicide after losing their last pennies etc.

I didn't have a problem or anything with gambling up to that point, but it (along with people in my own life) made me completely stop participating in such an awful industry.

Edited by Klaus

3 minutes ago, FLUMPO235 said:

Must be some crossed wires somewhere?! 

:)

IMG_0946.png

IMG_0947.jpeg

Well I have no problem with Merson working with Sky Sports other than he's shit.

Getting away from his lack of credibility as a tv pundit though, there is a difference between alcohol addiction and gambling addiction (in this particular case) as it's illegal. Being an alcoholic isn't.

If he does get a ban, which feels inevitable now, we need to make the most of it. Make sure his English is brilliant for when he returns, make sure he watches hours and hours of footage to familiarise himself with our style. Then when he returns he will be raring to go 

1 minute ago, NufcJ said:

Does anybody have the clip of his yellow vs Villa? my friend said it was sus and I can't remember what happened 

He was told to get back onto the pitch by  Eddie / spray tan for an ovation. Not his fault that one.

It'll be interesting to see if AC Milan knew about all this with Tonali.

When I look back I do remember all kinds of rumours he didn't want to go from Milan but they did seem keen to offload him.

Obviously it's just all speculation by me....but.

If we lose him for the season we can take it on the chin but if he gets a 3 year ban then it's game over.

Will Newcastle be left well out of pocket?

I'd like to think we won't be.

I'll wait and see what comes out in the wash and decide as to what I might think of Tonali.

I agree that its a problem that he needs professional support for and I am all for us sticking by him through this, however I find it hard to fully sympathise and relate him to the same level the average person with a gambling addiction who's regular income isn't anywhere near the same. These players earn a lifetime's worth of money in a single month.

You'd think he would have been able to get top of the line help for this problem with the money he was earning. There are others out there that can't financially afford getting that help. Just stupidity man.

Edited by Amir_9