Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

7 hours ago, Minhosa said:

Wow. What. A. Debut. 

His number went up to be subbed. We’d just scored. He made his way over. Was ready to walk off but Tindall and Howe were trying to explain to him to take his time as they wanted him to take the standing ovation. He couldn’t understand them and pretty much got to the sideline to be pushed back on to the pitch. 

He was then booked after the fourth official moaned about it. 

He never got the ovation as everyone was too busy celebrating the final goal. 

I bet the fourth official never got any spaghetti when he was a kid. Tuna can eating cunt. 

I'm not sure the tshirts will hurt much, i guess helps squad cohesion but not sure. I think the injury to mings did knock the wind out of them and seemed clear he was the one barking orders to the defence as once he was gone they played like a thrown together 5 aside team

I used to love the Ancelotti Milan team back in the day, when they had the central midfield three of Pirlo, Gattuso and Ambrosini.

We've somehow ended up with a midfielder that is some sort of hybrid of all three.

Over the moon. What a start for him man.

7 hours ago, Gawalls said:

He genuinely was my first choice - always been a massive fan of his after the Bournemouth team he built 

What's crazy is the fact that he still doesn't seem to be getting the credit he deserves from the media and other fans for pretty much a flawless 2 seasons.

Soooner or later they'll realise it's not a purple patch and he's actually a top top manager. 

Howe will make sure that he will get opportunities to make runs through the channels and into the box a lot. Love how he read the situation just before he almost scored his second. Made a great run before Gordon even got the ball from Isak. Looks very quick too on top of all the other erotic attributes and elegance. 

7 minutes ago, 1892er said:

What's crazy is the fact that he still doesn't seem to be getting the credit he deserves from the media and other fans for pretty much a flawless 2 seasons.

Soooner or later they'll realise it's not a purple patch and he's actually a top top manager. 

They’re in denail. What with the Saudi backing and an outstanding English manager combined, it is the thing of their nightmares because he can actually make good with less. We are here, right now. We are coming for them and there is nothing that they can do about it. It’s only a matter of time. Possibly sooner than we all thought, but there is something quite fucking magical happening at Newcastle for those with eyes to see and ears to hear. It happen. :indi:

11 minutes ago, 1892er said:

In Sweden theres even talk about when its the right time to sack him... still dont get it [emoji38]

I remember watching a documentary with the late Vialli, where he was talking about how much he loved joining Chelsea and the Premiere League in general.

He said in Italy the environment is a lot more intense and serious and when he came over he was taken back by how much more fun and banter everyone had with each other, coaches and manager included. Found it refreshing and it took some of the pressure off.

The whole thing about Tonali's demeanour always reminds me of this :lol:

Expect him to eventually really settle in and open up more, especially once he learns the language too.

Funny thing is Isak seemed a bit reserved initially too and now he is so different and seems to be absolutely loving it.

Different type of player, but I think he will contribute much more than a Maddison would have to this team, and I was in favour of bringing Maddison in. Tonali slots straight in, whereas Maddison would have been a system shift to accomodate.

Former Everton and Scotland winger Pat Nevin, analysing for BBC 5 Live, was impressed with Tonali, who Newcastle bought from AC Milan for £55m.

Nevin likened Tonali, who slotted in alongside Bruno Guimaraes and Joelinton in an industrious and progressive engine room, to one of the icons of modern midfield play.

"Newcastle fans are going to like Tonali if he keeps on playing like this," said Nevin. "If you look at him and Guimaraes in midfield, that is a spectacular partnership.

"Tonali was absolutely everywhere. He has a confident arrogance about himself. Just everything he does - his cross-field balls, his comfort and confidence on the ball - he has the arrogance of [Andrea] Pirlo on the ball.

"He looks like the absolute complete midfielder. Everyone else was running around at top speed and he just seemed completely in control at every moment."

Mad to think as well that Tonali is only 23. AC Milan captain with experience of winning Serie A and playing in a CL semi final. His room for progression is scary, we’ve really got something special on our hands here. 

Don’t think I’ve felt this way the day after a new player’s debut since HBA against Everton. The icing on the cake is that Sandro Tonali has a ridiculously good and strong mentality. Plus the right environment with the way the club is going about things in every area. 

3 minutes ago, STM said:

NGL was genuinely worried that he'd take a while to settle. [emoji38]

I said before the game that I really really hope he is off to a flier. Never dared or imagined it going this well. 

2 hours ago, 1892er said:

People at work with genuinely said “he’ll take you down like he did with Bournemouth” forgetting he started on a team with something crazy like minutes 21 points and got them not only safe but finishing twelfth that season. He then marched them through the leagues and kept them top flight for a long while.

2 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

They’re in denail. What with the Saudi backing and an outstanding English manager combined, it is the thing of their nightmares because he can actually make good with less. We are here, right now. We are coming for them and there is nothing that they can do about it. It’s only a matter of time. Possibly sooner than we all thought, but there is something quite fucking magical happening at Newcastle for those with eyes to see and ears to hear. It happen. :indi:

And they’ll continue to play him down right until the England job is available in my opinion.

Like I said before, blessing in disguise if Longstaff wasn’t quite fit enough to start. I don’t know the decision making process but I was really hoping Tonali would just get thrown in. 

He’s a class act, he’ll thrive in competitive games when he has something to prove.  

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo