Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

4 minutes ago, dcmk said:

So he can be banned further or again after the FA investigation? Holy shit.

His current ban only relates to betting while in Italy. Its canny naive to assume he instantly stopped all betting the day he stepped off the plane in Newcastle

Actually think they may just give him a suspended sentence though due to the 10 months so no real effect

Edited by Fezzle

36 minutes ago, madras said:

The timing was consistent with Italian culture ? It broke and meant one of their most important players couldn't play in one of the national teams most important fixtures, How's that consistent with their culture ?

Did you have a drink over lunch? It might have been a complicated sentence but you're not that daft. 

33 minutes ago, Adam P said:

Did you have a drink over lunch? It might have been a complicated sentence but you're not that daft. 

I was navigating but that's besides the point. Your assertion of the timing etc being consistent  of the culture and back room deals is totally at odds with the timing of the story break out being a highly important international weekend, as surely the culture etc would avoid that weekend for a very important player. It very much looks like the published timeline fits and there is no evidence to the contrary.

Edited by madras

24 minutes ago, madras said:

I was navigating but that's besides the point. Your assertion of the timing etc being consistent  of the culture and back room deals is totally at odds with the timing of the story break out being a highly important international weekend, as surely the culture etc would avoid that weekend for a very important player. It very much looks like the published timeline fits and there is no evidence to the contrary.

I think you misunderstood, the timing is one piece of evidence, cultural connections between police and institutions is another. 

The timing piece is important. The Tonali investigation was announced on 18th October and he was banned on 26th October. The part that you probably didnt pay attention to was that Investgations in Italy come after confidential pre-investigations. The Fagioli story broke by some Italian paparrazi figure on Aug 2nd, before it was official. The police pre-investigation of Fagioli was therefore underway well before August 2nd. If Tonali's name was part of that pre-investigation, then it was already underway before Aug 2nd.

Just to add on: It would be truly truly cruel to Sandro if after serving a 10 month ban, the FA decides to slap him with another, which in effect would end his career (2 years off from professional level football and who knows how you'd return to form). For someone battling an addiction, who we know had uncontrollable impulses to gamble, it would seem the definition of unjust not to credit time-served or something similar.

I don't think the FA would do something so severe, but I wouldn't put it past them either - and I would imagine if the FA were to do something like that, we'd start to see the PIF throw caution to the wind, feeling they'd been hard done, and start loaning out/transferring Saudi stars to us for 100 pound each.

1 hour ago, Adam P said:

I think you misunderstood, the timing is one piece of evidence, cultural connections between police and institutions is another. 

The timing piece is important. The Tonali investigation was announced on 18th October and he was banned on 26th October. The part that you probably didnt pay attention to was that Investgations in Italy come after confidential pre-investigations. The Fagioli story broke by some Italian paparrazi figure on Aug 2nd, before it was official. The police pre-investigation of Fagioli was therefore underway well before August 2nd. If Tonali's name was part of that pre-investigation, then it was already underway before Aug 2nd.

And still no links to Milan and you'd think any back room deals wouldn't have seen him, not only dropped from the national squad but while he's actually with the squad and their preparations almost centre round him playing.

Also, that's quite an if in your last sentence.

I'm not saying this IS what happened, I'm not wedded to it, I'm quite happy to alter my opinion but it needs more evidence than you've provided.

Edited by madras

For the record, i'm not saying I blame him in any way, i've even said so in previous posts if you go back, he had an addiction and I support that, It was just more that he was bought with Champions League experience in mind, and it stings a bit that he wasn't there today for reasons outside of football today.