Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

5 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Endless hours of analysis from

the club goes into signing these players. They had an amazing success rate with signings so far. The lad appears to be one of the most coveted midfielders in Europe, a leader for AC Milan whose played in the champions league. why is anyone bothered about Lavia ffs?

its fucking annoying like. 

14 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Ashworth should be known as ‘the completer’. Once you see a picture of him abroad, meeting with a player’s representatives, you know the deal’s getting done

Or the postman, because he always delivers.

Remember - last August, we overpaid for Alexander Isak, according to many, many experts.

Except, uh, turns out we didn't, actually.

I'm not too concerned with what people are writing or saying about Tonali now.

OnPaste.20230622-093101.png

OnPaste.20230622-093007.png

OnPaste.20230622-092910.png

6 minutes ago, Memphis said:

Remember - last August, we overpaid for Alexander Isak, according to many, many experts.

Except, uh, turns out we didn't, actually.

I'm not too concerned with what people are writing or saying about Tonali now.

OnPaste.20230622-093101.png

OnPaste.20230622-093007.png

OnPaste.20230622-092910.png

[emoji38] Absolute buffoons. I saw him play in the Euros and you could see then that he was absolutely class 

He was a starting midfielder in a team that won a league title at 21, at 23 he was consistent selection in a midfield that got to the semi finals of the CL.

The fact that he’s not seen as the finished article or complete package yet is a positive, if he can achieve all that at 23 when he still has plenty of time to improve the sky’s the limit. 

We know how good our head coach and his team are with talented and willing players. Let’s rock and roll. 

Edited by GeordieDazzler

Quite amusing how Milan fans are saying "you sell Tonali and we riot" "he's our next Leader, the future of this club, priceless!" 

Then.. "60M? Hahahahha you fucking mugs" 

I mean that comes across as not valuing your club much [emoji38]

41 minutes ago, STM said:

Some people are naturally negative, so even when we sign a top class player, who's own fans are furious about losing, they will still find something, just anything, to put a negative spin on it.

Tonali is a great signing.

Who is being negative?

34 minutes ago, Kanji said:

based on me watching Milan last season and watching far too much PL football too. It’s just my opinion. My eye test. Lavia is a talent! Just think Tonali is better at the areas I’ve mentioned. 

Better at dribbling is crazy. 

13 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

You can also guarantee his salary won't be far outside the current wage structure. Like Botman, cash seems to be the comfort blanket of choice.

Aye.  Romano saying €8m after tax (or something like that). I don’t buy it at all.  Unless heavily incentivised. 

3 minutes ago, Gazzaschicken said:

This guy is just basically the next pirlo and I have an erection

This is not the case. De Rossi is a better template. 

I really like Lavia as a player. He probably has a better passing range than Tonali, but he doesn't have the ball recovery ability, engine or ability to drive forward that Tonali has. Different kinds of players really.

They are different kinds of players. Or at least from what I’ve seen. Lavia plays the Bruno role at Soton. A lot of the game is in front of him. Beats a player or two with skill and quick feet. And short bursts of pace and power. Lots of sliding tackles.  

Tonali seems more like the Longstaff role. Everywhere around the pitch. Smart interception. Running with the ball in transition.  Long busting runs. Good feet.  Set pieces. 

Tonali Bruno Joe is a powerful midfield with ability.  Add a playmaker type and then we’re laughing.  If we add another I think it will be as good as any Klopp midfield.  

People have to remember we are no longer buying from the equivalent of the yellow sticker aisle in Aldi.

Clubs do not necessarily want or need to sell the players we are targeting.. which means we have to pay top end or more.

Even Maddison is not going to go cheap as Leicester know they have other saleable assets so can hold off until the end of the window to see who blinks first