Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

41 minutes ago, James said:

I the old days, the period between bid accepted and player signed was filled with people worrying that Ashley would somehow stop the transfer of Vurnin Anita going through.

now the period is filled with shit chants. I know what I prefer

Me too.

Bring Big Vurn home. 

Edited by wormy

It's nice to have another set piece option, but still way too many putting the blame on Trippier for our underperformance on corners and free kicks. On the whole delivery was not the problem.

Edited by timeEd32

14 minutes ago, TBG said:

God, just imagine him with Burn in the box.

I mean Burn will still average one goal ever 4 years, but just imagine.

Burn somehow manages to be a worse header of the ball than Andy Cole, a man who'd repeatedly manage to defy physics and jump under the ball.

A feat made all the more incredible by Burn being long enough to be continued.

Edited by Chris_R

Just now, WinstonFC said:

Thought transfers cant be officially announced until the 1st July?? 

They can be announced whenever you want, they just don't take affect until the 1st.

3 minutes ago, Anderson said:

Hope there's nothing in that like. Already getting visions of him flopping, becoming homesick, and back in Italy within a couple year. :lol: 

I doubt there is in reality, but I do worry about them creating a narrative like that and then it becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Doesn't help that I've convinced myself we're due one. :lol: Every other club who comes into money seems to have an expensive flop or two, our hit rate so far has been spot on. Batman, Bruno & Isak all walking in and looking right at home.

29 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Loooool

I'm sure Newcastle talked to the player before signing him, about his motivations and such..? If this was true I doubt that Newcastle would follow through with all that money. We only want players who are fully commited.

16 minutes ago, Anderson said:

Hope there's nothing in that like. Already getting visions of him flopping, becoming homesick, and back in Italy within a couple year. :lol: 

I’m getting visions of a 23 year old getting upset because the club he adores are selling him, then using this pain with NUFCs help to get over it and settle. 

Then fucking smashing it. It’s fair to say I have no worries.

Edited by Hudson

14 minutes ago, Anderson said:

Feels like we take player adaptation very seriously these days. They’ll have a small team of people helping them acclimatise. 

Would be a bigger issue if the club was still chaotic. Once he realises what a professional outfit the club is he’ll be fine.

20 minutes ago, Viana said:

AC Milan must be pig sick of us now. Snared Botman last year, rolled up to take their golden boy this year. 

Revenge for George Weah, though I don't remember if he was just the Paqueta of the time or if the links were real.