Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

Watching the news on Sky that Man U are closing in on Mason Mount for the same amount that we are paying for Tonali gives me a really warm buzz inside. I'm sure Mount's a canny player, but it just feels like a premium paid for a well established English player. Not even a stand-out one like Rice or Foden. Just feels like we are getting a player with much more ability for the same sort of money.

Just now, TRon said:

Watching the news on Sky that Man U are closing in on Mason Mount for the same amount that we are paying for Tonali gives me a really warm buzz inside. I'm sure Mount's a canny player, but it just feels like a premium paid for a well established English player. Not even a stand-out one like Rice or Foden. Just feels like we are getting a player with much more ability for the same sort of money.

Given Mount’s got one year left, that’s also a fairly ridiculous overpayment (if it ends up being in the region of £60m).

He’s a very, very good player mind, and he should improve them, so paying over the odds probably doesn’t matter if money is practically no object to you.

Means nothing. Football is not like regular employment where you get an offer of take it or leave it. There will be details and clauses to sort, and anyone who has ever dealt with an agent or solicitor will know it doesn't happen in a few hours

19 minutes ago, BeloEmre said:

Could it be that it won’t be announced before July 1?

We tend to announce nothing until we've done all the media stuff. Wouldn't surprise me if we have to wait until he flies to Newcastle and does all the photoshoots before we hear anything official.

5 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

We tend to announce nothing until we've done all the media stuff. Wouldn't surprise me if we have to wait until he flies to Newcastle and does all the photoshoots before we hear anything official.

We did with Botman last summer.

Hope it works out but a young Italian kid who probably idolized Pirlo and Gattuso getting a big move to AC Milan, winning the league, getting to the CL semi final and then being told he has to leave for financial reasons must be heart breaking. 

thankfully we have characters in the dressing room like Trips and Wilson that will help along. Plus it SHOULD be impossible to fail with Bruno G in the midfield. Just don’t know about young Italians in the PL. the good ones come later in their career like Zola and Vialli. Don’t want an Aquilanni situation. Although that one was off from the start as he was pretty injury prone even before going to Liverpool iirc.