Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

5 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Anyone remember being on their week-fortnight away to Spain with the family as a kid, you’d get the paper a day late and that was your only source of transfer rumours or news the whole time you were away.

100%! Loved it then much more than now.

13 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Anyone remember being on their week-fortnight away to Spain with the family as a kid, you’d get the paper a day late and that was your only source of transfer rumours or news the whole time you were away.

... or discovering Partizan have knocked you out of the Champions League. 

16 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

... or discovering Partizan have knocked you out of the Champions League. 

Unfortunately I was at that match, I can’t remember if it was Shearer or Hughes who blazed over the last penalty.

38 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

I remember being in Kavos 2012 and paying a euro to go on the computers in the hotel to check this place for signings, thinking we’d kick on after qualifying for Europe.

We signed Vurnin Anita only, 

6 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Unfortunately I was at that match, I can’t remember if it was Shearer or Hughes who blazed over the last penalty.

Hughes, should never have lost that after being 1 nil up from 1st leg, the beginning of our fall from grace.

14 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Hughes, should never have lost that after being 1 nil up from 1st leg, the beginning of our fall from grace.

jenas missed an easy header at the gallowgate end. knew then we were fucked.

I was in Gran Canaria with my parents when I was about 11, always remember finding out about Shearer as some bloke shouted 'yous are geordies aren't yous? You've just signed Shearer!' from about 5 balconies down, fatha was straight to the shop for his paper :lol:

30 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

I remember being in Kavos 2012 and paying a euro to go on the computers in the hotel to check this place for signings, thinking we’d kick on after qualifying for Europe.

We signed Vurnin Anita only, 

remember those days. :lol: mad to think it was a decade ago I was still doing the same checking nufc.com. Seems like only five minutes ago. 

Edited by MrRaspberryJam

2007 Thailand, checking NUFC.com, think those were the Coloccini days. Paying to go on a computer in a cafe.

Would have almost certainly been checking in here too. Yeah that's right. 2005 i rocked up on N-O looking for rumours.

26 minutes ago, Wilson said:

I was in Gran Canaria with my parents when I was about 11, always remember finding out about Shearer as some bloke shouted 'yous are geordies aren't yous? You've just signed Shearer!' from about 5 balconies down, fatha was straight to the shop for his paper :lol:

I was on holiday with my Mam in Scotland and my Dad faxed the back page of the Chronicle to us. It was class :lol:

29 minutes ago, Wilson said:

The last true ITK. 

6 minutes ago, mattypnufc said:

Remember when we signed Owen. Me and my mates were in Budapest crowded round the hotel computer on NUFC.com hungover to fuck. 

That Owen one is one of the greatest regrets of my life. Had arrived at a hostel in Las Vegas lets say "mildly refreshed" and full of bravado. Decided to join a group playing pool and got cracking on with an extremely fit Brazilian lass that someone like me had no right cracking onto. Got cuddling with her as the night wore on. Then my phone goes with a random text from the Ronnie Gill just stating "TOON SIGN OWEN." Adrenaline kicked in, couldn’t get her off me lap quick enough, jumped up like someone had stuck a hot poker up my arse and raced through to the computer room to log on and find out if it was true. Came back 20 minutes later to find her chatting to some aussie lad. She turned around, scowled at me and some lad says "think you've missed your chance there.  running off like that dude." Whenever I was in that hostel over the next few days I had to watch the lass with this aussie kissing and canoodling with each other.

Wouldn't have minded but as we all know the transfer was a fucking disaster and all.

1 minute ago, geordiesteve710 said:

That Owen one is one of the greatest regrets of my life. Had arrived at a hostel in Las Vegas lets say "mildly refreshed" and full of bravado. Decided to join a group playing pool and got cracking on with an extremely fit Brazilian lass that someone like me had no right cracking onto. Got cuddling with her as the night wore on. Then my phone goes with a random text from the Ronnie Gill just stating "TOON SIGN OWEN." Adrenaline kicked in, couldn’t get her off me lap quick enough, jumped up like someone had stuck a hot poker up my arse and raced through to the computer room to log on and find out if it was true. Came back 20 minutes later to find her chatting to some aussie lad. She turned around, scowled at me and some lad says "think you've missed your chance there.  running off like that dude." Whenever I was in that hostel over the next few days I had to watch the lass with this aussie kissing and canoodling with each other.

Wouldn't have minded but as we all know the transfer was a fucking disaster and all.

That's Owen for you. Ruinous.