Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

1 hour ago, BonesJones said:

Didn't Milanista say that there wasn't any issue with finances at AC Milan, yet that seems to have been part of this story?

old fashioned profit making rather footballing ambition.

ring a bell?

Every AC Milan fan I've read refers to the 'Moneyball' project the American investors are trying to set up. 

And how all US investors are the same, only there for money whereas the Arabs are there for glory. 

I do get what they mean. 

It just seems wrong for a storied historical club with plenty of honours to be used in that kind of way. Brentford, Brighton I undersand. Even if it was a Deportivo La Coruna who have fallen on bad times, or a Fiorentina. But this is like taking Bayern Munich, Liverpool or Real Madrid and making them second rate, the odd superstar but everyone's got a price. 

Obviously we have nowhere near the honours roll of AC Milan but it was the same with Ashley, keep it tight, do just enough, let Graham Carr find gems, sell high etc. But don't do it at a club like Newcastle, do it somewhere where they'll actually appreciate dining at the top table and just being there, without competing.

AC Milan aren't used to having their crown jewels sold, they are used to buying others. crown jewels, Rui Costa, Shevchenko, Baggio, Lentini, Desailly, Papin, etc.

Don't know why the investors get this so wrong time and time again. 

Just a thought - he's still got a couple of games to play with the Italian Under 21s. It's unlikely that he'll pick up a serious injury, but could the delay in completely finalising it be down to that?

Assuming we sign him and then one or other of Szoboszlai or Maddison, then we look well stacked in the midfield. I'd like us to buy another striker for a third option in the event of Isak and Wilson both being injured. That and a left back and we'll be sorted.

It's true that many Italians haven't done well in English football, but that's often down to a problem in adjusting to the physical side of our game. That doesn't look like a problem for this lad.

You guys kill me with the wasted anger towards Romano and the like. The outrage was fine the first time. You’re literally conditioned now, you know what he does and if you like it fine. If you don’t, then you’ve had literal months if not years to accept this is his job and what he does. 

8 minutes ago, alexf said:

Just reminded me of a pet peeve. Media people not understanding exchange rates and putting the transfer fee down as £70-80 million. Which it quite clearly isn't.

And the constant “€8m net” when it’s clearly gross. 

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

You guys kill me with the wasted anger towards Romano and the like. The outrage was fine the first time. You’re literally conditioned now, you know what he does and if you like it fine. If you don’t, then you’ve had literal months if not years to accept this is his job and what he does. 

:thup:

People slagging him off for being a "tap in merchant", but then also give Hope et all stick for reporting nothing news.

6 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Just clicked the link as well...by Sheffield United reporter? What's going on there these days man. :lol:

Reporter was Rebekka Arnold, on 14 June after we were first linked (which I think was before Barella) and it didn’t really gather any traction. She was quoting Pirlo from last November.  Here:
https://www.footballfancast.com/newcastle-eddie-howe-bruno-guimaraes-sandro-tonali-premier-league-transfer-news-rumours-nufc/

4 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Anyone remember being on their week-fortnight away to Spain with the family as a kid, you’d get the paper a day late and that was your only source of transfer rumours or news the whole time you were away.

Better times. That and teletext.