Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

7 hours ago, geordiesteve710 said:

That Owen one is one of the greatest regrets of my life. Had arrived at a hostel in Las Vegas lets say "mildly refreshed" and full of bravado. Decided to join a group playing pool and got cracking on with an extremely fit Brazilian lass that someone like me had no right cracking onto. Got cuddling with her as the night wore on. Then my phone goes with a random text from the Ronnie Gill just stating "TOON SIGN OWEN." Adrenaline kicked in, couldn’t get her off me lap quick enough, jumped up like someone had stuck a hot poker up my arse and raced through to the computer room to log on and find out if it was true. Came back 20 minutes later to find her chatting to some aussie lad. She turned around, scowled at me and some lad says "think you've missed your chance there.  running off like that dude." Whenever I was in that hostel over the next few days I had to watch the lass with this aussie kissing and canoodling with each other.

Wouldn't have minded but as we all know the transfer was a fucking disaster and all.

:lol: Fucking Owen.

4 hours ago, Ikon said:

Seen quite a few videos of Tonali but I think this one is my favourite of him doing various things. I think and hope that he will be used as box to box as I reckon that’s his best role. Like the idea that he can drop deeper at times too to alternate with Bruno. Think he’s best to the right/left of a midfield three. Alternatively in a double pivot with freedom to roam forward. No matter what, I like that he is very all round and versatile and can play various roles.

So he's what happens if Bruno and Joe had an arsebaby.

Everything I've seen suggests he's Longstaff but with infinite more vision and swagger.

I'm also convinced that he will be 3x the player for us that he was for Milan.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Everything I've seen suggests he's Longstaff but with infinite more vision and swagger.

I'm also convinced that he will be 3x the player for us that he was for Milan.

Aue I think Kev's sussed it with the RCM role, if Longstaff could dink a ball over the top from the corner of the box he'd probably be lethal.

A friend of mine who is a born and bred Milanista, but now lives here in Newcastle, is absolutely gutted about this and likened his sale to us selling Shearer under Sir Bobby to say Villa or Spurs when we were finishing 3rd and looking to challenge for the title. I asked him who in comparison is he similar to in our game and he said our Bruno, but quicker and not as good a passer, but he’s still decent at passing.

His best position is box to box and that he is a born winner, will come here to be the best he can be for us and and to win big honours. He won’t flop because he has all the attributes and a monster mentality. He also said the Barella links were likely a smokescreen and if we were seriously in for him, other bigger clubs would have outbid us.

I’m wondering if Inter got wind of our interest in the AC player and leaked stuff to their media that we were in for Barella to try and create a bidding war for their man given how cash strapped they are…

Either way, I must say I’ve not seen anything of Tonali and if I have, he never caught my eye, but I’m very excited about this deal and what it demonstrates going forward in terms of our ambition and intent. We are in it to win it - the lot!

9 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Is it an unwritten rule that every highlight video has spectacularly shit music?

Luque one was the exception and probably the reason it was removed ?

1 hour ago, Hanshithispantz said:

This kind of stuff I find really intetesting, and it really indicates the vast level of detail our scouting team will be going into when looking at players, and why I trust us when buying players like Gordon over people saying he's shite. It makes absolute helmets basing a player purely by their FBRef profile even funnier too (https://www.redcafe.net/threads/sandro-tonali-newcastle-close-to-70m-deal.451521/post-30710839).

@Froggy I see why you avoid Red Cafe like the plague. 

1 hour ago, Hanshithispantz said:

If Robert isn't a Newcastle legend we must not have many.

Is Bellamy, who did just as much if not more in a NUFC shirt? Robert for me goes down as a classic former hero/icon in the way Dabizas, Nobby et al are. Obviously the likes of Robert and Nobby especially are the bigger club icons/heroes. Legend status should be reserved for the likes of Shearer et al only. IMO anyway!

Edited by Tiburon

3 minutes ago, Robbo2 said:

Best LW I can remember by miles (I'm 30)

Even though it was a short burst and he wasn’t the same player for us after that LC game against Arsenal, Ginola for me like.

Edited by Sima

2 hours ago, DahnSahf said:

SSN saying his agent says it's still a work in progress.

Then went to Laurent Robert at Sir Bob's golf tournament in the Algarve. Looking well.

His agent said personal terms are sorted and they're waiting on the clubs to agree add-ons and what not, so technically aye, but really it's all but done.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

His agent said personal terms are sorted and they're waiting on the clubs to agree add-ons and what not, so technically aye, but really it's all but done.

preoccupante

18 minutes ago, Tiburon said:

Is Bellamy, who did just as much if not more in a NUFC shirt? Robert for me goes down as a classic former hero/icon in the way Dabizas, Bobby et al are. Obviously the likes of Robert and Nobby especially are the bigger club icons/heroes. Legend status should be reserved for the likes of Shearer et al only. IMO anyway!

I remember a lot of Roberts goals....I only remember one of Bellamys