Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

Seen quite a few videos of Tonali but I think this one is my favourite of him doing various things. I think and hope that he will be used as box to box as I reckon that’s his best role. Like the idea that he can drop deeper at times too to alternate with Bruno. Think he’s best to the right/left of a midfield three. Alternatively in a double pivot with freedom to roam forward. No matter what, I like that he is very all round and versatile and can play various roles.

26 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Seen quite a few videos of Tonali but I think this one is my favourite of him doing various things. I think and hope that he will be used as box to box as I reckon that’s his best role. Like the idea that he can drop deeper at times too to alternate with Bruno. Think he’s best to the right/left of a midfield three. Alternatively in a double pivot with freedom to roam forward. No matter what, I like that he is very all round and versatile and can play various roles.

The pressing :giggs: looking at his heat map from other vids he's some engine as well.

Edited by duo

9 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

Worflags need to do a Tonali welcome flag with black and red Milan stripes transitioning to black and white stripes somehow. I'd appreciate that if I were him.

Can’t be showcasing another clubs colours on our flags imo. Otherwise, yeah, would be really nice to have a welcome flag for the lad (if he signs- don’t want to jinx it, despite how far along it is :lol: ).

13 hours ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

Great watch. Clear similarities with Rice! Super exciting signing. As much about attitude as talent - a born leader!

Some shite about a few of our players though... :)

This guy is fairly clueless tbh :/

Edited by HawK

23 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Can’t be showcasing another clubs colours on our flags imo. Otherwise, yeah, would be really nice to have a welcome flag for the lad (if he signs- don’t want to jinx it, despite how far along it is :lol: ).

Kinda agree. Something along the lines of 'you look just as good in black and white as you did in black and red!'

53 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

Worflags need to do a Tonali welcome flag with black and red Milan stripes transitioning to black and white stripes somehow. I'd appreciate that if I were him.

Like the Lazio one for Gazza

"Gazza lads we are here, shag women drink beer"

1 hour ago, duo said:

The pressing :giggs: looking at his heat map from other vids he's some engine as well.

He holds players off really effectively as well. Him and Bruno combining in that midfield...:drool:

3 hours ago, McCormick said:

No red flags.

23 hours ago, Myleftboot said:

Does anyone remember the bloke that used to sit in the leazes near the corner that used to make what sounded like a red indian war cry once during a game back in the mid eighties. 

Used to love hearing him at games in the 80s! Was the best part some weeks 🤣

19 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Hans in the mud.

This kind of stuff I find really intetesting, and it really indicates the vast level of detail our scouting team will be going into when looking at players, and why I trust us when buying players like Gordon over people saying he's shite. It makes absolute helmets basing a player purely by their FBRef profile even funnier too (https://www.redcafe.net/threads/sandro-tonali-newcastle-close-to-70m-deal.451521/post-30710839).

Edited by Hanshithispantz