Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

If he gets a ban say that writes off the season do we go for another midfielder in the Jan or make do as its short term?

Certainly anything substantial is like getting a long term injury and surely changes Jan's plans. 

2 minutes ago, nufcjmc said:

If he gets a ban say that writes off the season do we go for another midfielder in the Jan or make do as its short term?

Certainly anything substantial is like getting a long term injury and surely changes Jan's plans. 

Get someone on loan maybe 

18 minutes ago, nufcjmc said:

I think we should make do unless someone incredble is available, wants to come and is within budget (unlikely)

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

That one of the most politically corrupt countries in the EU is so sanctimonious over betting is what I find most amusing about this whole saga. The Ndrangheta must be upset they missed their cut of players wasteful spending. 

4 minutes ago, GEFAFWISP said:

Unless I've missed something why is everyone acting like he'll be getting banned from English football? Seems implausible.

If he gets banned for football betting any ban imposed in Italy will in all likelihood be enforced across all FIFA countries (same reason Toney didn't just clear off on loan for 6 months)

5 minutes ago, GEFAFWISP said:

Unless I've missed something why is everyone acting like he'll be getting banned from English football? Seems implausible.

Football associations tend to agree with each other to ensure bans are enforced.

16 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

If he gets banned for football betting any ban imposed in Italy will in all likelihood be enforced across all FIFA countries (same reason Toney didn't just clear off on loan for 6 months)

Toney even got banned from training with the team for 4 months or so..

22 minutes ago, Aiston said:

Football associations tend to agree with each other to ensure bans are enforced.

FA should tell them to get stuffed . Gambling is practically a players birthright in this country . Have the Italian FA  not heard of the wondrous Stan Bowles ? Rodney Marsh ? Keith Gillespie ? 

So Marco Polo gets caught betting illegally. Is he banned from writing travel books for seven months?

If Sandro is banned I trust we will immediately appeal to CAS before we sue the Italian FA for £50m.

Edited by morpeth mag

32 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

I could understand them agreeing to withhold a players license if he was banned so decided to jump to another country to avoid it; however when that player is no longer playing in that country then it seems a bit much to ask for a ban to kick in for something that isn’t even illegal here.

3 minutes ago, morpeth mag said:

So Marco Polo gets caught betting illegally. Is he banned from writing travel books for seven months?

If Sandro is banned I trust we will immediately appeal to CAS before we sue the Italian FA for £50m.

Why would we sue the Italian FA if Tonali has done something illegal? The only person who shouldnt get a penny from our club is Tonali himself (if he gets a ban)

5 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

A little more info here from TalkSPORT who claim to have spoken to someone from the club 

Shouldn't be a ban if he didn't bet on football.

This is where being the richest club in the world should come into play - appeal if they try to impose one.

army_of_lawyers_6.png

Edited by duo