Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

1 hour ago, Miggys First Goal said:

This place when he gets 5 years.

:scared:

It’s ok Todd boehly, reckons if we spread that out over 100 years, then he only misses half a month a year.

Basically he gets the international breaks off.

don’t know what the fuss is about. 

3 year ban looks the going rate for this if proven and reduced to 18 months with him cooperating and willing to get help.

I’ll be very impressed if he gets his career back on track after that length of time out, we’ll make the right noises about supporting him, but think it’s highly likely his career with us will be finished after that length of time out.

He’ll have some sort of career going forward but suspect it’ll be very average and back in Italy with another club.

Edited by Whitley mag

3 hours ago, Matt1892 said:

If this has opened up a huge can of worms in Italian football, it might be that they look to reduce them as to not impact the Euros if they get there.

I'm hoping it has opened up a huge can of worms in Italian football. If we are going to get shafted because of what went on over there, then serious questions need to be asked. I don't see why NUFC should be bankrolling their mistakes.

The longer this goes on, the more likely it is that we'll see dirty details emerge from what was happening when Sandro was actually in Italy.

Being at his boyhood club, the move didn’t make much sense but if he was in the depths of it, all that self loathing, he might have just thought a fresh start was needed.

It’s all speculation right now, but maybe he was getting threatened by dodgy fuckers as well.

Now if it turns out his gambling followed over to here, then I’ve less sympathy.

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

3 year ban looks the going rate for this if proven and reduced to 18 months with him cooperating and willing to get help.

I’ll be very impressed if he gets his career back on track after that length of time out, we’ll make the right noises about supporting him, but think it’s highly likely his career with us will be finished after that length of time out.

He’ll have some sort of career going forward but suspect it’ll be very average and back in Italy with another club.

7DBB9CDF-82E5-42E4-BA52-BCAA0FBAFA25.gif

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

What a lot of shit this post is. No chance he gets 3 years. He'll get 12 months maximum. 

1 hour ago, FLUMPO235 said:

This is coming from a place of ignorance, but does anyone know if players are insured? Any chance this is covered somehow

Can you imagine the cost of the premiums for insuring against gambling addiction?

;)

1 minute ago, McDog said:

Can you imagine the cost of the premiums for insuring against gambling addiction?

;)

Not all bad, it might have got us out of buying Micheal Owen. I heard a story I think from dyer, that Owen even wanted to bet on who’s bag came off the baggage collection carousel thing first!  

3 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I wonder if Steve Coogan will play him in the upcoming BBC drama.

Now then, now then, I have in front of me a letter from a young man called Paddy Power, who says, "Dear Sandro Jim, can you fix it for me to get a decent price on over 2.5 goals on Newcastle this weekend?"

etc etc

4 hours ago, FLUMPO235 said:

This is coming from a place of ignorance, but does anyone know if players are insured? Any chance this is covered somehow

Not an expert but you generally can’t insure against intentional conduct, and I’d think you’d have a hard time arguing that the gambling wasn’t intentional, addiction or not.

I can understand a lengthy ban if he was betting on matches that he was participating in but if he hasn't gone that far than I think it's a tad hypocritical to ban him for a whole year.

Gambling is being promoted nonstop during every sporting event in the entire world. It feels like 75% of commercials are about gambling.

I get that hes a player so different rules but it seems similar to pushing heroin in front of a drug addict's face every morning. 

Like FIFA gives a shit about a player gambling. Half their panel is probably betting on how lengthy his sentence will be.

2 hours ago, AmericanLooneyToon said:

I can understand a lengthy ban if he was betting on matches that he was participating in but if he hasn't gone that far than I think it's a tad hypocritical to ban him for a whole year.

Gambling is being promoted nonstop during every sporting event in the entire world. It feels like 75% of commercials are about gambling.

I get that hes a player so different rules but it seems similar to pushing heroin in front of a drug addict's face every morning. 

Like FIFA gives a shit about a player gambling. Half their panel is probably betting on how lengthy his sentence will be.

Yep.  I think Tonali will deserve the lengthy ban coming his way, but the football authorities have no moral high ground on this, with their continued allowance of betting ‘partners’ etc.  

38 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yep.  I think Tonali will deserve the lengthy ban coming his way, but the football authorities have no moral high ground on this, with their continued allowance of betting ‘partners’ etc.  

100% agree, you can't be sponsored by something then ban your players for using the product because its immoral.