Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

Would expect inconsistent performances from him for a couple of months then i think he’ll settle into the team and we can see what he does for us.

He’s been out so long  it’s understandable if he’s patchy for a bit. Hope he’s not obvs and just hits he ground running but would be unfair to judge him harshly if he doesn’t. Thinking EH will protect him if he has an off game anyway.

I think he has to start and will do especially with it being a cup game and having 3 games this week. Can't wait! Can't begin to imagine the scenes when he scores and celebrates in front of the fans pleading for forgiveness! 

1 hour ago, Skeletor said:

I'm hoping he'll be the key to the intensity returning. That gegen press that we destroyed teams with in our 4th place season, whilst also giving us more dominance in both keeping possession and bringing it forward. The midfield looks so flat at the moment and hopefully he is the answer, especially with so much to prove and hopefully a lot of pent up anger/frustration channeled in the right direction.

Starts against Forest.  Sprints around like a maniacal dervish. Tears his hamstring or gets sent off.  Or probably both.  Gets straight on the phone to his bookie.   Phone is being tapped and he gets suspended for life. Returns to Italy with his dog and his £400,000 watch.  Nailed on.

21 hours ago, Sean said:

Thinking back to the video of his first day at the club, with Trippier there to greet him - it all seemed so professional with us bringing in great characters, but both of them have let us and themselves down with their actions away from the pitch. Football, as life, is funny like that sometimes.

Don't see how Trippier has let us down to be honest.

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

Pastore back in Italy? That can’t be a common set up for footballers? Doesn’t sound optimal, enjoyed the article though 

That stood out to me too. An article full of positives and that's the bit I latched on to [emoji38]

"Hardest shot at the club" sounds good.

Feels like we haven't had a decent striker from range in bloody ages. Schar isn't bad I suppose but doesn't have a crack that often any more.

4 hours ago, huss9 said:

Tonali has fallen in love with coastal hamlets such as Tynemouth and Bamburgh, and the ease with which his Audi SQ8 can take him to the beach in just 20 minutes.

Did Steve Bruce write this?

Should be playing as many minutes as possible imo. He’s had nowt but the gym for ten months. Should be ready to run a marathon iyam. 

Edited by SEMTEX

3 hours ago, SEMTEX said:

Should be playing as many minutes as possible imo. He’s had nowt but the gym for ten months. Should be ready to run a marathon iyam. 

He's had loads of football. Not competitive matches but plenty when training and some behind closed doors as well.

6 hours ago, Peppe said:

A £400 000 watch, I know it might not be a lot for him, but jesus christ, that would buy me a giant house over here :lol:

Even if I could afford it I couldn't justify to myself a £400k watch.

12 minutes ago, madras said:

Even if I could afford it I couldn't justify to myself a £400k watch.

I guarantee that, since that article was published, dozens of the finest criminal minds in the northeast have been trying to figure out the best way of stealing it off him.

2 hours ago, GideonShandy said:

I guarantee that, since that article was published, dozens of the finest criminal minds in the northeast have been trying to figure out the best way of stealing it off him.

And many of the worst ones as well [emoji38]