Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

1 minute ago, Myleftboot said:

Just watched ‘IN FOCUS The best of Sandro Tonali on his Newcastle debut’. On the Newcastle United YouTube channel. He’s a quality player  just needs bedding in.

Must have been quick (joke)

6 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Who are his best mates in the squad do we think? He needs a Joelinton like Bruno has. Which up and coming Italian talent could we sign to buck his spirits up?

What's Fabio Zamblera up to these days? 

I think that midfield 3 is really difficult to come into if you're new as well. Because of the lack of a true 'anchor' or 6 it requires a fair bit of covering and rotation. He's been having to try to adapt to that in a language he doesn't understand and barely being on the training pitch. 

The switch in the second half yesterday to a much more conventional system made a big difference. He didn't do anything groundbreaking but you could tell he wasn't second guessing where he was actually supposed to be anymore, was getting on the ball alot and looked really comfortable until he gassed out. 

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

Who are his best mates in the squad do we think? He needs a Joelinton like Bruno has. Which up and coming Italian talent could we sign to buck his spirits up?

Heard he proper loves Chiesa.

47 minutes ago, Charlies said:

image.thumb.jpeg.e23209de89f956c88a65104757678b49.jpeg

Didn’t expect that 

Damn, that is fast. To the point that it almost seems hard to believe.

That's a faster speed than anyone has hit in the NFL so far this season, which is topped by two guys who have run sub-10.20 100 meters.

3 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

That's a faster speed than anyone has hit in the NFL so far this season, which is topped by two guys who have run sub-10.20 100 meters.

To be fair the fella's in the NFL are wearing a suit of armour and a crash helmet.

Edited by Bimpy474

12 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

To be fair the fella's in NFL are wearing a suit of armour and crash helmet.

Ha, this is true.

I wouldn't blink an eye at Mbappe or Rashford hitting these speeds. Tonali does not jump off the screen as fast - it's pretty wild.

2 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

That gear is quite heavy and restrictive, mind! I’m sure Tonali wouldn’t be running as fast with a lid and some pads on. 

I noticed the other day how quick he looked. But I didn’t expect him to be showing up on anything like this. Just noticeably quicker than our other CM options. Bar Little Joe. 

15 hours ago, Chapo said:

Chasing after his first touch 

I'm kind of glad you said this. It feels like the elephant in the room, and I've not had the nerve to voice this myself up till now. His first touch doesn't look good at all, which isn't what you'd expect of an Italian player.

That's not to say he doesn't have something to offer. He may be like Kieron Dyer - pacey, quick feet and good stamina. Dyer was a bit underrated on here, and of course he had massive injury problems. But in terms of our expectations of Sandro, we may need to adjust. We're not getting a Pirlo. As the guy himself said, more of a Gattuso, though he needs to adjust to the physicality of the Premiership for that to bear fruit. And of course Dyer was better going forward than defending.

4 minutes ago, Cronky said:

I'm kind of glad you said this. It feels like the elephant in the room, and I've not had the nerve to voice this myself up till now. His first touch doesn't look good at all, which isn't what you'd expect of an Italian player.

That's not to say he doesn't have something to offer. He may be like Kieron Dyer - pacey, quick feet and good stamina. Dyer was a bit underrated on here, and of course he had massive injury problems. But in terms of our expectations of Sandro, we may need to adjust. We're not getting a Pirlo. As the guy himself said, more of a Gattuso, though he needs to adjust to the physicality of the Premiership for that to bear fruit. And of course Dyer was better going forward than defending.

Did you really need to bring up the Pirlo Gattuso thing again? :lol: