Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

17 minutes ago, 54 said:

It doesn't help that the photo looks extremely photoshopped too for some reason :lol:

:thup: It does look proper touched up and Romano seems like a proper toucher so it's a fair assumption to have made.

2 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

This is sort of an aside from the main subject here, but I’ve just been watching a video about why Italy has no good strikers and they mentioned a law in Italy called “the growth decree” trying to jumpstart economic growth via immigration. Basically giving tax incentives to employers to bring in eligible workers. 

Unintended consequence is that Italian clubs are now incentivised to buy non Italian players. Just look at how the Tonali money was spent - RCL, Pulisic, Chuckwueze, Okahfor, Munsah, Reinjders and Pelligrino. Not a single Italian. 

I thought when we played them they didn’t really feel like an Italian side - only Calabria and Pogbea in that starting line up. 

Sort of explains other motivations about why they might have sold him. I wonder if we’ll see more Italians coming to the Prem as a result. 

Never heard anything about this growth decree, but always felt that Italian football was a bit insular, and for a long time that worked for them. But since other clubs around the world have bought their way to success by snapping up the best players around the globe, Italian football has stood still. Their club teams used to be the best in the world, now they are behind England, Spain and Germany. Feels a bit like English football back in the 1990's/2000's.

Also just to add: If Milan had even a hint of this before they sold Sandro, it was reckless to sell him to a team run by board with a reputation for being ruthless cutthroat business people. I wouldn't be surprised if PIF torture Milan with litigation for years to come. A lawyer's bill for PIF is pennies, a lawyer's bill for Milan, years in, will turn into a genuine nuisance for them. And that's not to mention the potential for discovery of texts, emails, etc etc. Sounds like they're in for it.

4 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

Also just to add: If Milan had even a hint of this before they sold Sandro, it was reckless to sell him to a team run by board with a reputation for being ruthless cutthroat business people. I wouldn't be surprised if PIF torture Milan with litigation for years to come. A lawyer's bill for PIF is pennies, a lawyer's bill for Milan, years in, will turn into a genuine nuisance for them. And that's not to mention the potential for discovery of texts, emails, etc etc. Sounds like they're in for it.

Thought this was heading somewhere else,

6 minutes ago, gbandit said:

It’s class how much Almiron loves us despite having no idea what we’re saying and no idea how to talk to us. Unconditional love

Miggy can speak perfect English. His brother runs a kebab* shop in Benners, tho, and has told him the English think it's customary not to utter a word of the local lingo.

* obvs bit of stereotyping for satire, type banz 

22 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

Depends on which jurisdiction applies to the contract. Easier if it’s English, but if it’s Italian then I don’t think we’d get very far.

Just now, Groundhog63 said:

Miggy can speak perfect English. His brother runs a kebab* shop in Benners, tho, and has told him the English think it's customary not to utter a word of the local lingo.

* obvs bit of stereotyping for satire, type banz 

Do Paraguayans stereotypically like / cook kebabs? I’ve never known a Hispanic society whose main cuisine is kebabs. 

If we must resort to this lowest common denominator humour, let’s at least be accurate.

1 minute ago, Theregulars said:

Do Paraguayans stereotypically like / cook kebabs? I’ve never known a Hispanic society whose main cuisine is kebabs. 

If we must resort to this lowest common denominator humour, let’s at least be accurate.

"  * obvs bit of stereotyping for satire, type banz  " 

Which part of that bit did you not get precious?

4 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

Depends on which jurisdiction applies to the contract. Easier if it’s English, but if it’s Italian then I don’t think we’d get very far.

Jurisdiction would be Britain, and the claim would be something amounting to contract fraud. But regardless of jurisdiction, the PIF will look to make life very uncomfortable for Milan via litigation - so it seems.

2 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

"  * obvs bit of stereotyping for satire, type banz  " 

Which part of that bit did you not get precious?

No, totally got it, but was just saying that despite the warning label it still didn’t quite stack up. Were I also a clumsy racist, I’d have gone with burritos instead of kebabs.

Just now, Upthemags said:

Jurisdiction would be Britain, and the claim would be something amounting to contract fraud. But regardless of jurisdiction, the PIF will look to make life very uncomfortable for Milan via litigation - so it seems.

There’s no such jurisdiction as Britain. Our legal jurisdiction is England and wales. The jurisdiction will very likely have been agreed by the parties in the contract, and is usually chosen by the party with greater bargaining power. If we were super keen to get him and had no idea about the betting problem, it could be that we face Italian jurisdiction. This would be tough because their court system is very corrupt, and Milan are likely well versed and well backed.

9 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Rafael Leao/Theo and we call it quits imo 

Fair compromise 

On the proviso that a full investigation in to their private life and sweep of all personal devices are completed prior to the signing of any contracts.

32 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Let's settle it with them selling us another one of their players at a discounted price.

Them fielding a weakened team at St. James' would just about confirm us progressing in the CL.