Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

Think we need to investigate what Milan knew of all this. at least get a partial discount on his price. he was their player while he did all this betting and 100% of the punishment effects Newcastle, kind of unfair.

but then Tonali and his agent also played an interesting role in this I guess none of this came up when negotiating a long term contract with Newcastle.

1 minute ago, BShearer said:

Think we need to investigate what Milan knew of all this. at least get a partial discount on his price. he was their player while he did all this betting and 100% of the punishment effects Newcastle, kind of unfair.

but then Tonali and his agent also played an interesting role in this I guess none of this came up when negotiating a long term contract with Newcastle.

I agree. However, think we have missed something here and it will cost us. Not convinced by him at all yet, and its going to be a long time to find out either way. We will try and fight this, bar some real evidence, it's going to be hard however.  

Not sure if it was tactical from Howe or whether it was just Tonali's intelligence, but it stood out how close to Trippier he played when he came on in terms of offering a bit more protection but linking up going forward as well. Didn't see that from Longstaff tonight. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

7 minutes ago, BShearer said:

WUM

2 minutes ago, Dan Gleebals said:

I agree. However, think we have missed something here and it will cost us. Not convinced by him at all yet, and its going to be a long time to find out either way. We will try and fight this, bar some real evidence, it's going to be hard however.  

And WUM

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Not sure if it was tactical from Howe or whether it was just Tonali's intelligence, but it stood out how close to Trippier he played when he came on in terms of offering a bit more protection but linking up going forward. Didn't see that from Longstaff tonight. 

He really showed how much we will miss him tonight. I was surprised by longstaff he has been very dependable.

Well, I'm absolutely gutted we're gonna be losing him for a while now. Been a big fan of his since the moment he got here. For me he's shown he has some quality attributes and his pace is going to be a huge asset for us in that midfield next season. Full confidence that he'll come back with a point to prove and deliver something special.

1 minute ago, SiLvOR said:

Well, I'm absolutely gutted we're gonna be losing him for a while now. Been a big fan of his since the moment he got here. For me he's shown he has some quality attributes and his pace is going to be a huge asset for us in that midfield next season. Full confidence that he'll come back with a point to prove and deliver something special.

Hopefully in the champions league.

8 minutes ago, TRon said:

I was a bit surprised he didn't start tbh, considering he is used to this type of competition. He looked class anyway when he came on, he'll be a big miss in the CL for sure.

Aye I thought he might start.  And in hindsight he should’ve.  We needed someone from the off with that bit of urgency, fitness and composure. 

still dont like how Milan ended up with a huge fee out of this and none of this ban backfires at them. had this story came out in May, they would be 60m pounds shorter and an important player our for season for them and his market price would much less next summer.

my feeling is both Milan and Tonali knew this will happen, because at the very start it didnt make sense why they selling their young Italian midfielder all of a sudden. now connecting the dots, they needed to sell him as soon as possible I would say which they did.

obviously we have Tonali for long term and can be an important piece in the team from next season but can also go the wrong way with him training only all season, can become homesick, zero success to show for it, while fighting his demons on the gambling addiction front etc.

this is quite the package, and then the final verdict yet to come if he did illegal betting as that will come from Italian prosecution not the Italian FA. as I read there are potential issues with unregulated betting here, potential tax issues etc.

5 minutes ago, BShearer said:

still dont like how Milan ended up with a huge fee out of this and none of this ban backfires at them. had this story came out in May, they would be 60m pounds shorter and an important player our for season for them and his market price would much less next summer.

my feeling is both Milan and Tonali knew this will happen, because at the very start it didnt make sense why they selling their young Italian midfielder all of a sudden. now connecting the dots, they needed to sell him as soon as possible I would say which they did.

obviously we have Tonali for long term and can be an important piece in the team from next season but can also go the wrong way with him training only all season, can become homesick, zero success to show for it, while fighting his demons on the gambling addiction front etc.

this is quite the package, and then the final verdict yet to come if he did illegal betting as that will come from Italian prosecution not the Italian FA. as I read there are potential issues with unregulated betting here, potential tax issues etc.

Piss off man.

Can’t help but think he’d have been the right call on the left side over Wor Joe or right side over Wor Longie. He reads the game at an elite level and can now truly see that when you see him play live. Hes crucial to our champions league and will be gutted he’s not going to feature again this season by all accounts.