Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I would expect some elite attributes - particularly technical ones. Like Camavinga at his age has a Unqiue combination of elite athleticism, dribbling and a passing technique.  Or even a Bruno. 

I spent a good while yesterday watching Tonali.  I thought 60m is a lot but he’s a wonder kid on a long contract, had some big success already, at a massive club etc. hence the premium. And he seems to have all those mental intangibles too. 

Skills wise….. I like Lavia more. I’ll be honest.  

Lavia has nowhere near the passing and dribbling/driving abilities of Tonali. Lavia is a safety first passer, Tonali may not be creative in that sense but he’s a forward progression ball player in addition to being a runner with the ball. His leadership and fighting mentality is elite.  

Lavia is probably stronger, quicker and better tackler imo. 

Edited by Kanji

Just thinking back to Milanista's post yesterday about Tonali's role in covering for the massive gaps left in behind by Leao and Hernandez, just throwing this out there, but I wonder if there's also an 'unlock ASM' element to this signing. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Just thinking back to Milanista's post yesterday about Tonali's role in covering for the massive gaps left in behind by Leao and Hernandez, just throwing this out there, but I wonder there's also an 'unlock ASM' element to this signing. 

And hopefully to get a more offensive left back.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Seen him described as an elite longstaff, couldn’t think of a more perfect signing for us to make tbh.

I do feel a little big sorry for Big Sean. Hopefully will still get plenty of good moments next season. 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I do feel a little big sorry for Big Sean. Hopefully will still get plenty of good moments next season. 

Going to plenty of games next season. I'm sure he will play a canny bit.

12 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Just thinking back to Milanista's post yesterday about Tonali's role in covering for the massive gaps left in behind by Leao and Hernandez, just throwing this out there, but I wonder there's also an 'unlock ASM' element to this signing. 

Unlock Burn :cool: 

Edited by Deuce

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Belting in the winner of the FA Cup final. That'll be Big Sean's moment. 

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

What would it matter if he was £10m too expensive anyway? Pointless chatter about something completely irrelevant. 

Yup, barely registers for FFP too (£2m).

There’s a bit of an Italian-leaving-hometown premium here but also every player with a pulse under 26 seems to start at £30m. It’s a lot of money but also seems pretty reasonable in today’s market.

8 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Sean has shown not only a top attitude but also great quality this past season. I reckon he’ll still get a load of minutes, both as first sub and as

a starter 

One good thing about this transfer is how early everything seems to be wrapping up. It means he won’t miss the August games, nor will he miss the pre-season. 

Isak was an example of how quickly a player gets injured if he was suddenly thrown into our system without a proper pre-season. Other players like Bruno increased their playtime gradually when they joined. 

Edited by Solitude20

4 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Assuming we close this deal you’d be hard pressed to find a tougher midfield to beat than ours. Unreal. 

4 years ago our cm options were Jeff Hendrick , Shelvey, Haydon, Matty & Sean Longstaff.   Unreal transition.

2 minutes ago, Solitude20 said:

One good thing about this transfer is how early everything seems to be wrapping up. It means he won’t miss the August games, neither will he miss the pre-season. 

Isak was an example of how quickly a player gets injured if he was suddenly thrown into our system without a proper pre-season. Other players like Bruno increased their playtime gradually when they joined. 

He will come back late to pre season though.

4 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Sean has shown not only a top attitude but also great quality this past season. I reckon he’ll still get a load of minutes, both as first sub and as

a starter 

He will be starting the season I’d imagine with Tonali at the u21s tournament he will be back later in pre season